1.    #1  
    I'm going to be going to the Carribean on vacation in two weeks. Unfortunately I will have to bring my laptop with me for communication with my office The hotel I'm staying in (in Lucaya, Bahamas) has a data port in the room but I will need a phone number to call to connect to the internet to get my office email to see if I need to dial into our network. Does anyone know where I can find out access phone numbers for outside the US?
    Jonathan
    You still need an ISP. To my knowledge only ATT Globalnet and AOL can assure outside US local dialup. Check them out. ATT offers a 30 day test offer foe free which you could probably use for the short time outside the US.
    to me, "data port" implies a network connection. they must mean a non digital phone line.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe
    to me, "data port" implies a network connection. they must mean a non digital phone line.
    In Hotelspeak, 'data port' almost always means a port on the side of an existing telephone to which a standard analog modem can be connected. That's because 'data port' is what's printed on the phones.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...