webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  The 'Off Topic' Lounge > Download MS Windows 8 developer preview ISO image.
Download MS Windows 8 developer preview ISO image.

Old 09/22/2011, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
News Contributor

Microsoft in September 13th, 2011 uncovered the developer preview of the Windows 8 and promulgated that they will release Windows 8 ISO image as a free download for the public.

Interestingly Windows 8 is conformable with non-touch PCs also and even netbooks with Intel Atom processor and at least 1GB of RAM. Does your computer meet this spec? Go ahead and download Windows 8 developer preview.

Thankfully, this time everyone can download Windows 8 ISO-from the official Microsoft website. What you need is to get a Windows Hotmail or Live Mail ID, and then proceed to the link given in the image. Download the 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows 8 and use the Windows 7 disk utility to burn that ISO file to a DVD or use Alcohol 120% software.However you can download it from the links here below.

For this time, it is heard that you have to do a fresh installation.

Unfortunately, some of the Windows 8 features like app store and parts of Metro UI will not work on this dev preview. The minimum resolution required to run Windows 8 Metro apps is 102476 pixels.

Download links: Windows 8 ISO direct link- Download 32 bit (2.8)http://bit.ly/qwBO7s, 64 bit (3.6GB).http://bit.ly/p5EJfH
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2011, 12:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
The minimum resolution required to run Windows 8 Metro apps is 102476 pixels.

Wow that's one weird size monitor ... But I guess MSFT knows what they're doing .. :-P

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

follow me on twitter or Catch me at LOOT

ATTN: If You like my Patches or Themes please feel free to DONATE
sketch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2011, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
lol who was that smart guy, there is not other option . Thanks for that pic. I have not downloaded it yet.

I need almost 7 hours to get it I have a 100 MB broadband only.
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0