1.    #1  
    Hi all,

David Pouge joins the rest of us in scratching our heads in observing Netflix's behaviour...now I realize that the future will be in streaming and/.or downloading video...but that doesn't mean that you P.O and enrage your customer base....

Take care,

jay

September 22, 2011, 1:57 PM
    Parsing Netflix’s ‘Apology’

Parsing Netflix's 'Apology' - NYTimes.com

Netflix is about to break off its DVD-by-mail feature into a completely separate entity, called Qwikster.
    In 2001, I wrote about a then-little known company called Netflix. Reading it now, I can’t help smiling. Ah, sweet naďveté!

The Times’s technology columnist, David Pogue, keeps you on top of the industry in his free, weekly e-mail newsletter.
    “At a recent dinner with some old magazine-industry friends, I was amazed to discover that three of them were all raving fans of something called Netflix.com,” I wrote. “Turns out Netflix is a DVD rental service.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    The Oatmeal does a good job of explaining it: Why Netflix is splitting itself in two - The Oatmeal

It's a completely ridiculous decision. Integration between DVD and streaming businesses will be completely severed. I wonder if they are just writing it off as a loss and expect it to sink.