1.    #1  
    I'm planning to upgrade my whole computer motherboard/processor to utilise USB 2.0 and Bluetooth (built in to the m/board). The question is, I don't plan to upgrade the OS (Windows 98) so will it be able to support these 2 new features? Any other thrid party software which allows it?

Any help appreciated, thanks.
    I'm just a dreamer..
    Which mobo maker? If they don't have drivers available, the chances are slim that anyone else would. The OS almost definitely won't support it out of the box.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Toby
    Which mobo maker?
    I don't know if you've heard of it, MSI Max 2 BLR m/board (MicroStar International)

I've seen the box, but I don't remember it saying anything about having drivers for Win 98. Chances are, (as always) I'll meet all sorts of problems along the upgrade.
    I'm just a dreamer..
    Originally posted by Digisane
    I don't know if you've heard of it, MSI Max 2 BLR m/board (MicroStar International)

I've seen the box, but I don't remember it saying anything about having drivers for Win 98. Chances are, (as always) I'll meet all sorts of problems along the upgrade.
    Sure, I've heard of MSI. You didn't mention which chipset, but it appears that they have 98SE drivers for most of their stuff. If you have the exact part number, check it out here.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    Sure, I've heard of MSI. You didn't mention which chipset, but it appears that they have 98SE drivers for most of their stuff. If you have the exact part number, check it out here.
    Ahh...it seems that the Bluetooth option is an add-on card, and yes, it does have 98 drivers. http://www.msi.com.tw/html/e_service...c_bt/page1.htm