1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI> See link.

Take care,

Jay

Is Qualcomm’s Brew (OS) dead?
    By Om Malik Sep. 19, 2011, 5:57am PT 3 Comments

Is Qualcomm’s Brew (OS) dead? — Tech News and Analysis

The falling fortunes of Symbian, the chaos as WebOS withers, and hiccups at BlackBerry are pretty visible signs of the upheavals in the mobile operating systems. The change is obviously because of the rise of Internet and touch-centric operating environments such as Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS. The latest OS to fall victim to this shift is Qualcomm’s Brew OS
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Brew has always been a dumbphone OS. It's not really going away, it's just that everyone wants smartphones now. But for those that don't, Brew will be there.

BTW yet another example of a misleading, overhyped headline.

Brew: "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    dignitary likes this.
    Was Brew ever alive?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

4.    #4  
    touché

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Was Brew ever alive?
    Yup, it is still very much alive. If it's not a smartphone, it probably runs Brew. And as astonishing as it may sound, there are still more people that use feature phones instead of smartphones.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Really? I had never heard of it till the whole QUALCOMM MAY BUY WEBOS OMG deal went down lol. Lean something every day xD
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.