1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Netflix handled this entire issue so poorly...I'm starting to think they'll end up sorry they raised the prices and rocked the boat...without asking around 5 friends mentioned in passing they all quit Netflix over this, (let alone they had raised the prices not that much before they separated the membership & times are so bad that businesswise it isn't a good time to be asking your customers to pony up more money). If I start asking around, I'm sure I'll find more people that quit Netflix.......see link.

Take care,

Jay

September 15, 2011
    Netflix Lowers Subscriber Forecast on Plan Split
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2011...gewanted=print

NEW YORK (AP) Netflix is lowering its U.S. subscriber expectations for the third quarter because of customer losses relating to a split of its DVD and streaming options.

The company, which separated its streaming and DVD-by-mail services two months ago, said Thursday it now expects 21.8 million subscribers for its streaming-only service and 14.2 million subscribers to get DVD plans. That's down from a late July estimate of 22 million streaming customers and 15 million DVD subscribers. It sees the most subscriber decline in DVD-only plans. That forecast went to 2.2 million from 3 million.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2.    #2  
    HI all,

Here is some more info, see link.

Take care,

Jay

Netflix feels wrath of consumers, investors
    By: Greg Sandoval September 15, 2011 8:39 AM PDT

Netflix feels wrath of consumers, investors | Media Maverick - CNET News

Investors are fleeing Netflix's stock and many subscribers have turned their backs on the Web's No. 1 video-rental service.

Netflix recently recommended 'High Noon' for streaming. Superb movie but 60 years old. Netflix needs more sought-after content.

A combination of skimpy selection in Netflix's Internet-streaming library, problems acquiring content, and an unpopular price increase have led the company's leadership to what appears to be a crucial moment. Observers are beginning to wonder if Netflix's stunning growth of the past two years is coming to an end.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group