1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay

Windows 8 to feature 'fast startup mode'
    By Adrian Kingsley-Hughes | September 9, 2011, 2:14am PDT

Windows 8 to feature 'fast startup mode' | ZDNet

Summary: The feature is a hybrid between a standard cold boot and restoring your PC from a hibernated state. Here’s how it works.

Are you the sort of person who prefers to shut your PC down at the end of the day rather than hibernate it or put it to sleep, but do you still want the system to start up fast? Windows 8 has a new feature that will be of great interest to you.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Well, that's clever. Hibernate just the kernel, instead of the entire state of the PC. Kind of a "duh, why didn't I think of that" thing. Imagine this with a SSD!
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  3.    #3  
    Hi all,

I'm hitting myself in the forehead and thinking either 2 things:

1. why didn't I think of that?

2. I could have had a V8! (lol, hay it's late and I overtired).

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group