1.    #1  
    Has anyone else seen this unit, it was in this past week's Parade magazine in my newspaper. Has anyone ever used any of e Digital's other players, what is the quality and reviews on them?

This one has voice recognition, FM tuner, and voie recording capability!

http://www.edigital-store.com/odyssey1000.html
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    I smell lawsuit. The form factor is remarkably similar to the iPod and Apple is notorious for litigation against those manufacturing knock-offs of their industrial design.

Nice feature list it has, tho.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  3.    #3  
    I don't know, it may look similar but it has no dial pad like the Ipod. It looks like it uses a scroll wheel in the middle of the pad and buttons around the edges.
    Voice controls? I'm impressed.

Any word on if it uses some wacky file loading program like the iPod, or if it simply appears as a hard drive like the Archos?
    Originally posted by John Nowak
    Voice controls? I'm impressed.

Any word on if it uses some wacky file loading program like the iPod, or if it simply appears as a hard drive like the Archos?
    on that link above...under the 'specifications' list, it states:

"Appears as “Mass Storage Device” on your PC"

so i'm thinking it's drag and drop?
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Originally posted by Hoser_back_home

so i'm thinking it's drag and drop?
    the ipod looks like an external hard drive to your pc too. You can drag and drop files (including mp3) onto it, just like any hard drive. True, if you drag and drop mp3s like this, the ipod wont play them.:-)
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Hoser_back_home

it stores mass?

hey, portable hole!
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Whoa the specs are sweet. If this thing is not vapoware I will consider buying one.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Originally posted by Yorick

it stores mass?
    Not sure I want to admit this in public, but I really liked that comment.
    If I didn't already have an ipod, I would probaly get this one, just because of the FM ability.

The ipod is still better looking.

Odyssey is bigger but lighter.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  11.    #11  
    Here is another unit although it sounds more like vaporware.

http://www.neurosaudio.com/

Very cool features though like recording from the FM radio directly to MP3 and the ability to record a 30 second sound byte and then th next time you synch the unit searches the internet for the song title and artist.

Oh, and one last cool thing...wireless play back through your home or car stereo system through an FM preset. Wow!
    Last edited by Doggy; 12/02/2002 at 08:41 PM.