Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Finally Pre
  • 1 Post By marc539
  • 1 Post By hagster
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

One of the many eBay sellers, had it been in an African famine area they would have bought up all the food to sell at a higher price.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    If you know who the buyer is expose him so that he experiences lack of sales, forcing him/her to bring pricing down. That level of greed should not go unrewarded.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Some would say its the way of business but eBay is usally about getting you a slightly better deal, not the other way around.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Some would say its the way of business but eBay is usally about getting you a slightly better deal, not the other way around.
    Actually the truth is, eBay is somewhat irrelevant these days. It started out as a good idea when people actually put actual auctions on, but these days it's just a bunch of sellers putting stuff on for a price plus a ridiculous shipping so they can get around eBay's commission system.

I only look on eBay these days for rare used stuff (e.g. bad ESN phones).
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    It does stink but we have to remember that it is still a somewhat free commerce world and the free market will decide prices. To get upset with someone for making a living by being smart is not right also. I like you wish I did the same thing. As a buyer in electronics I came 40 mins late at a chance to get 50 32g TP's. My plan was to offer them here first for 200.00. Sure we would have made 50 each but in the end everyone would have been happy. Now as long as people pay 300-400 for these things on ebay the price will stay there. The question is what are you willing to pay or do you take the chance and hope that HP comes through with the second production run and we get lucky?

If you don't have one yet, I wish you all luck. Your already doing one right thing by monitoring this site for updates. And like I said, if I can get them at low price I will post here first.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    marc539 likes this.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Everyone has this sense of entitlement like they should have been "reserved" a touchpad. It's HP's and Retailer's fault for not setting up a quantity restriction during firesale. Don't blame the sellers for having the capital and timing right to take advantage of this, they're not forcing people to pay higher. Buyers are paying more because they want to and can. Can't compare this to food or gas gouging, this isn't a necessity but a luxury product.
    Finally Pre likes this.
    that's just free market economics for you. The market decides the value not HP.
    Finally Pre likes this.