Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes
  1.    #1  
    Got my TouchPad last Sunday.. Been loving it and overclocked it. Cam app, sound booster, the works. I LOVED it and toted it around ALL week.

So I'm walking home from getting my hair done on Friday and it's about 5PM. Sun's still shining and people are still outside and I'm listening to some of the music I loaded onto my baby and I reach into my bag to type in my password and change the song. As soon as I pull it about a third out of the bag, some kid snatches it and runs off. Rips the earbud out of my ear and everything. Fan-****ing tastic.

I chase him around the corner [stupid move; I know] but lo and behold, he has an accomplice waiting with a bike and hops on and rides off, my touchpad, headphones dangling, under his arm. Chase chase chase. Almost get hit by car.. lose sight of em. FML!!!!

So I call the cops as soon as I don't see them and they show up. Stupid freaking 911 dispatch marked the case as a domestic violence dispute but they showed up like 10 minutes later while I'm on the phone with HP trying to figure out what they can do. I'm like, OK, keep calm. Just been robbed after living in NYC for 13 years without more than getting lost on the train. Then I get ****ed which is not a good idea. But whatever.. Officers are in turn ****ed because dispatch ****ed up the case management and have to call their boss because it's assault AND robbery since he had to touch me to grab my TP.
    Great.

They write up a police report and record all the info from the box [which I still had of course] and give me a number to call for the precinct. I go onto WebOS to clear the TP remotely and there is not much more they can do in my case but back up the info IF I buy another one. I'm still ****ed because all the accessories I ordered on EBAY/Amazon came the day after my TP was stolen.. FML AGAIN.

So this is why I think my hairstyle is CURSED. =|
    I'm so sorry. I did request an app to find a lost or stolen TP because I just know with all the fire sale frenzy, TPs are vulnerable. So far no bites on the request.

I hope you can get it back or get another (I know it will be very hard to do).
    JustKimi likes this.
    this is why we need gps in our touchpads.
    JustKimi likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Totally agreed.
    I bid on some on EBAY and then a friend who works for best buy told me they're getting some Wednesday for DoorBuster type sales and I ended up winning 8.
    My EBAY account is going to the ****ter.
    Best buy is getting TPad this week ??? No way*
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    JustKimi likes this.
    You won 8 TPad on ebay ? How is that and how much did you pay for them ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    JustKimi likes this.
    I've seen this happen with an Iphone while I was at a stop light. Sorry that had to happen to you. I was at a stoplight a few months ago and it was a Friday night around 9pm, I look over at this karaoke type bar and this guy is on his Iphone and in that same instant I see a group of three walking across the gentlemen and one grabs his phone and rips it from his hands and they run off. The guy looked like he was in shock when it happened. It must have stunned him for that quick second.
    JustKimi likes this.
    OP... sorry to hear about the theft. There have been phones getting ripped out of people's hands in Chicago, but haven't heard of a tablet yet. That really sucks.
    JustKimi likes this.
    Bet you those kids are now pretty cheesed off now...

...I reckon they thought they were stealing an Ipad and ended up with a wiped Touchpad.

Whilst we are all pleased with our Touchpads, I reckon the average thief doesn't know what it is and also how low its true market value is. Hand it in to your local Fence or Pawn dealer and he will say, those are 88 new so I will give you 50% - 44.
    JustKimi and vanzanthp like this.
    Actually they are a hot commodity right now lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    JustKimi likes this.
    what is this cursed hairstyle you speak of? inquiring minds want to know.
    JustKimi and whadzinaname like this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Can we see a photo of your hairstyle?

j/k of course! That would make me so mad, and I would have chased also. Really bad idea of course, but when it's YOUR stuff they nicked, you get SO mad! I remember my car getting broken into directly outside my window. I stormed the streets with a large lump of wood, looking for them. God knows what I was thinking, or what I was going to do. Especially if they pulled a knife...
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    JustKimi likes this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    ^^^ great minds...
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    JustKimi likes this.
    =(
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

JustKimi likes this.
    that's really ****ed up that's for sure, people are such ********.... You should not steal what you didn't ****ing work for. Again, ****ing ********....
    JustKimi likes this.
    man this really wants me to apply for concealed carry license
    JustKimi and tvc15 like this.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    You won 8 TPad on ebay ? How is that and how much did you pay for them ?
    As far as BB getting them, that's what he told me and asked if I was gonna camp out.
    My response: Maybe!

The cheapest I won was 230.. I haven't paid for any since I saw them cheaper on Craigslist in my area. All together though, they come up to a whopping 1800 bucks.. X_X
  18.    #18  
    5 hours of sitting.
    2.5 spent playing angry birds HD.
    1 spent watching a movie.
    1.5 spent derping around.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19.    #19  
    QUICK UPDATE BEFORE I HEAD OUT!
    Precinct just called me to come in and look through some photos and pick up my police report. Hopefully, I see one or both of those idiots. *fingers crossed*
    HelloNNNewman and darkzone like this.
    Damn kids. They really need something like Plan B for Android
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast