Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikestorm View Post
    So you bid and win 8 TouchPad auctions on eBay. Decide to pay for none of them. Eventually score a TouchPad..then it gets stolen?

If only you could read.
    One was stolen and THEN I bid... See how that works?
    Thanks for your input though.
    artitumis likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKimi View Post
    If only you could read.
    One was stolen and THEN I bid... See how that works?
    Thanks for your input though.
    ...on eight TouchPads, with no intention of paying for any or all of them.
    I live in NYC too. I better leave my TP at home.
    Sorry to hear about the theft, but after the first post this turned into the worst thread ever.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Did you buy with a credit card? Check your benefits. Some cards have loss protection that will cover theft in the first 90 days.
    <<thread cleaned>>

Guys... please stop hijacking the thread with other topics. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <<thread cleaned>>

Guys... please stop hijacking the thread with other topics. Thanks.
    Well, you better go back and cleanse the whole thread then.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKimi View Post
    Got my TouchPad last Sunday.. Been loving it and overclocked it. Cam app, sound booster, the works. I LOVED it and toted it around ALL week.

So I'm walking home from getting my hair done on Friday and it's about 5PM. Sun's still shining and people are still outside and I'm listening to some of the music I loaded onto my baby and I reach into my bag to type in my password and change the song. As soon as I pull it about a third out of the bag, some kid snatches it and runs off. Rips the earbud out of my ear and everything. Fan-****ing tastic.

I chase him around the corner [stupid move; I know] but lo and behold, he has an accomplice waiting with a bike and hops on and rides off, my touchpad, headphones dangling, under his arm. Chase chase chase. Almost get hit by car.. lose sight of em. FML!!!!

So I call the cops as soon as I don't see them and they show up. Stupid freaking 911 dispatch marked the case as a domestic violence dispute but they showed up like 10 minutes later while I'm on the phone with HP trying to figure out what they can do. I'm like, OK, keep calm. Just been robbed after living in NYC for 13 years without more than getting lost on the train. Then I get ****ed which is not a good idea. But whatever.. Officers are in turn ****ed because dispatch ****ed up the case management and have to call their boss because it's assault AND robbery since he had to touch me to grab my TP.
    Great.

They write up a police report and record all the info from the box [which I still had of course] and give me a number to call for the precinct. I go onto WebOS to clear the TP remotely and there is not much more they can do in my case but back up the info IF I buy another one. I'm still ****ed because all the accessories I ordered on EBAY/Amazon came the day after my TP was stolen.. FML AGAIN.

So this is why I think my hairstyle is CURSED. =|
    I was just thinking about this...if someone tried to steal my TouchPad, I would literally beat the living **** out of them because of the insane amount of effort I put in to get it. It was more than $150; it was thousands of mg's of caffeine, nights of 5-6 hours of sleep, constant monitoring of slick deals, and ultimately 10 hours outside of Best Buy, followed by work (Awake for 34 hours straight in the end).

Yeah, no one's taking this from me or they will feel my wrath.

<<staff edit - please do not post around language filters>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/04/2011 at 12:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    man this really wants me to apply for concealed carry license
    And what would you do? Shoot them in the back when they run away?
    stlcardinal9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    man this really wants me to apply for concealed carry license
    you can't legally shoot someone because they stole your touchpad. You must be in a situation that you fear yours or someone else's life is in danger.

shooting an assailant in the back while they are fleeing the scene will land you in jail for many years.
    stlcardinal9 likes this.
    ok... You all want to keep pushing the thread off-topic, we'll just move it there.

<<thread moved>>
    Sorry to hear about you getting robbed. This is why I'm extremely cautious with my electronics. When away from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Not in Texas, my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    well that is why guns should be allowed in nyc in Texas we would have taken our gun and shot him case solved
    I'm sure texas isn't the only state where you can pull a gun out for protection in the event of a crime being committed against you. In Detroit you'd take out your gun and the criminal will take out his too. But at least now the law abiding citizens in Michigan can legally carry a gun. Not sure how it has impacted crimes of this nature though.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Since we're officially OT...Texas is the only state that allows for deadly force to protect property when not in one's own abode. It does require that there be no other way to adequately protect said property, but it does allow it.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    so sad... Not only will we not see th TP II or III... If I, more likely drop n break it, or get it stolen... I can't just get another one or let my home owners insurance cover the cost of a new one.. Bc they just don't exist anymore....

HP robbed us all... I LUV mine and am truly sorry for your loss. Hope ur replacement helps!
    Last edited by Erykah; 09/04/2011 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Since we're officially OT...Texas is the only state that allows for deadly force to protect property when not in one's own abode. It does require that there be no other way to adequately protect said property, but it does allow it.
    There is a difference between pulling a gun out and threatening to use it and deadly force. Deadly force implies pulling the trigger. It would be rather silly to have a law that you can carry a gun but can't pull it out. Using it on the other hand is another story. But I bet a criminal will stop and think if one pulled a gun out when they are trying to rob that person. I live in one of the safest cities in my area. But if I didn't I would be carrying a gun and would pull it out if threatened in some way by a criminal act.

Quote Originally Posted by Erykah View Post
    so sad... Not only will we not see th TP II or III... If I, more likely drop n break it, or get it stolen... I can't just get another one or let my home owners insurance cover the cost of a new one.. Bc they just don't exist anymore....

HP robbed us all... I LUV mine and am truly sorry for your loss. Hope ur replacement helps!
    Your insurance will still cut the check but it is up to you what you buy with it. I'm sure for quite some time these will be selling 2nd hand new or used for while yet. There are over 2 million out there right now as I understand it for news. I'm just not sure what they expected from the first months sales. Is there any new little known about product that hits the market and has unprecedented sales and demand?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    While I would NEVER shoot someone over a TouchPad...

I do think all you whiners...

QUALIFICATION OF WHINERS: "Blah, blah, you are a mean bad person for thinking assault and theft of your TouchPad justifies seeking license to carry a gun..."

Hell yeah it does! The same moron that stole your TouchPad could have done worse under cover of dark (Was stolen outside of some shops in broad daylight) this is exactly why people seek protection and why the constitution protects it.

Truth is the original "conceal and carry post" was made more out of fun, which brings us back to all these whiners who are either:

A. Thieves looking out for their own interests

B. Leftist, "take your guns, melt them down, and make cutesy garden ornaments" nut jobs.

Seriously though, sorry about your TouchPad, hope you bought it with your VISA or other covered cards they will reimburse it, just call them.
    Last edited by Centrico; 09/04/2011 at 10:48 PM.
    Someone needs to write a code that sends out your ip address every few hours to some kind of server or something. No GPS in the Touchpad but I'm sure the cops could do something with the IP.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    There is a difference between pulling a gun out and threatening to use it and deadly force. Deadly force implies pulling the trigger. It would be rather silly to have a law that you can carry a gun but can't pull it out. Using it on the other hand is another story. But I bet a criminal will stop and think if one pulled a gun out when they are trying to rob that person. I live in one of the safest cities in my area. But if I didn't I would be carrying a gun and would pull it out if threatened in some way by a criminal act.
    In most states concealed carry permit holders are trained and taught that you cannot legally pull a gun as a threat. That is felony brandishing in most states. If you pull a gun it is ONLY because your life (in most states not even the life of another) is in danger and you have already tried to back down or flee and you must now use it to prevent your own demise.

I'm not joking here. Most states' laws for legal concealed carry do not allow the permit holder to just pull a gun as a threat.

These same states may allow "open carry," but, again even in this case the firearm must be holstered.

I know it may sound stupid, but this is the truth.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I hope it is ok that we continue this related yet indirect topic to the original topic. Well then the laws need to be changed because we should be allowed to protect our own personal property. A system that will charge you with as a criminal for protecting your well being against criminals is absurd to say the least. It's these sorts of things that is why many areas run rampant with crime.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I hope it is ok that we continue this related yet indirect topic to the original topic. Well then the laws need to be changed because we should be allowed to protect our own personal property. A system that will charge you with as a criminal for protecting your well being against criminals is absurd to say the least. It's these sorts of things that is why many areas run rampant with crime.
    i disagree. The average person shooting a handgun at a fleeing thief is far more likely to kill an innocent bystander than the fleeing target. How quickly an you draw from a concealed holster and how good is you aim at a fleeing target with a concealable pistol? It's one thing to hit a paper target at 20 meters when you're calm at a firing range and entirely another to realize you've been robbed, draw and fire (assuming you keep a round chambered and don't have to rack a slide). Even cops are trained not to shoot a fleeing thief and they practice fast draws under duress and moving targets.

Some ******* emptied a full clip at some guys who robbed an apple store and he failed to hit even their car but put holes in walls and windows on the other side of the street. Luckily nobody was hit, but the risk to others is high if a bunch of amateurs start pulling guns because they are careless with their toys.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast