Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKimi View Post
    QUICK UPDATE BEFORE I HEAD OUT!
    Precinct just called me to come in and look through some photos and pick up my police report. Hopefully, I see one or both of those idiots. *fingers crossed*
    good luck , if you can't get it back call webOS butler service and see if there is anything they can do..
    <<staff edit>>

To the OP: I'm really sorry for your loss. I hope this person is as well. Nice hair, by the way
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/03/2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: removed quote
    JustKimi likes this.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    5 hours of sitting.
    2.5 spent playing angry birds HD.
    1 spent watching a movie.
    1.5 spent derping around.
    nice hair...nice pic too
    JustKimi likes this.
  4.    #24  
    Thanks, I'm ready to take it out though.
    Like I said, I think it's cursed and it's itching like a *****!
    Time to go to the precinct.
    The cheapest I won was 230.. I haven't paid for any since I saw them cheaper on Craigslist in my area. All together though, they come up to a whopping 1800 bucks.. X_X
    roflol lol ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    sorry for TP.

but kudos to new hair pic.
    As far as BB getting them, that's what he told me and asked if I was gonna camp out.
    My response: Maybe!

The cheapest I won was 230.. I haven't paid for any since I saw them cheaper on Craigslist in my area. All together though, they come up to a whopping 1800 bucks.. X_X
    You realize bidding and winning 8 TouchPads, then refusing to pay for not one, but all 8; is the kind of thing that angers many eBay sellers to the point of leaving eBay all together. I hate people like you. Bid first, think later.

If you don't plan on actually paying for an item then please, do NOT bid on it. It saves everyone the hassle.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Just a curiosity, but does the touchpad serial number not get synched to you when you activate it? Surely HP would be able to help when someone tries to activate to your serial numvber?
    Quote Originally Posted by N1Andy View Post
    Just a curiosity, but does the touchpad serial number not get synched to you when you activate it? Surely HP would be able to help when someone tries to activate to your serial numvber?
    Don't count on the generosity of large corporations. Apple doesn't help in such circumstances and I highly doubt HP would be any different.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Well your hair looks great, but if it is truly cursed then maybe you could sell it on eBay. People love objects that are cursed or possessed

then buy a new touchpad with the proceeds

profit..
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Centrico, JustKimi and untitled like this.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Well your hair looks great, but if it is truly cursed then maybe you could sell it on eBay. People love objects that are cursed or possessed

then buy a new touchpad with the proceeds

profit..
    Good Idea.. Hmm.. I'll have to try that.. The most it'll cost me is a couple bucks if no one bids.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Sorry about the robbery. On the bright side...your hair looks very nice.
  13.    #33  
    As far as the precinct goes.. I spoke to like 8 detectives and sergeants and they had about 1500 pictures for me to look through [shocking how many mugshots were of people I knew] but they said unless I was 1000% percent sure that the people I point out were my assailants, I can't say "I think" or "Looks like". One pretty much told me it's "like a needle in a haystack with no magnets for miles.." Really what he said.. Unless I see the guys, the case will be closed in two months. They've sent out memos to local pawn shops to look for the serial number but unless I see the guys and call 911 and say exactly where they are or can take a picture with my cell phone, it's a lost cause. I wish HP had some sort of support.. Like show them my police report and get 20 bucks off or some ****. [LOL, I wish!].. But yeah.. C'est La Vie.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    man this really wants me to apply for concealed carry license
    I have one and can legally carry in 35 states.

Pulling a gun in that situation is a felony. Using it in that situation is murder or, at the very least, attempted murder.

One must have a true threat on their life, not their touchpad, to unholster a firearm.

AFAIC, I'd rather lose a touchpad than kill a stupid kid - even if it didn't mean facing murder charges.
    Last edited by Mize; 09/03/2011 at 06:53 PM.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    I'm so sorry. I did request an app to find a lost or stolen TP because I just know with all the fire sale frenzy, TPs are vulnerable. So far no bites on the request.

I hope you can get it back or get another (I know it will be very hard to do).
    How about everyone here make a request to these guys for an app for webOS?

Download – Prey

They have a Linux version aswell as one for Ubuntu, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get a webOS one done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Pulling a gun in that situation is a felony. Using it in that situation is murder or, at the very least, attempted murder.
    Not in Texas, my friend!
    JustKimi and darkzone like this.
    Would these guys be able to just use WebOS Doctor and initialize the touchpad to factory setting even if there were some type of security app loaded?
  18.    #38  
    I hope not.
    I mean, there was nothing MAJOR on there but I want to think that they basically just got a hundred dollar paperweight.
    So you bid and win 8 TouchPad auctions on eBay. Decide to pay for none of them. Eventually score a TouchPad..then it gets stolen?

Quote Originally Posted by mikestorm View Post
    So you bid and win 8 TouchPad auctions on eBay. Decide to pay for none of them. Eventually score a TouchPad..then it gets stolen?

so she stole from the ebay sellers?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast