1.    #1  
    Just an FYI....be careful what you Tweet! I sent a tweet about an Senior Vice President (by name) for the company I work for that was not a positive review well over 2 months ago and got a call from my district manager today to delete it! I didn't mention the company at all in my tweet but did mention the SVP by name. He either has somebody checking this stuff for him or he's actually doing searches on his own name in Twitter. This is a sad state of affairs and reminds me of when the ****'s controlled Germany. ***? Can I file a lawsuit against them for violation of 1st ammendment rights?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

LOL... there are a LOT of stories on the web of employees getting fired for stuff they said on social sites like Twitter and Facebook. Lots of employers have a code-of-conduct statement in their policies that talk about making disparaging/harmful remarks about the company or employees. 1st Amendment rights don't cover that stuff if it is harmful to an employer and there is a conduct statement.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    LOL... there are a LOT of stories on the web of employees getting fired for stuff they said on social sites like Twitter and Facebook. Lots of employers have a code-of-conduct statement in their policies that talk about making disparaging/harmful remarks about the company or employees. 1st Amendment rights don't cover that stuff if it is harmful to an employer and there is a conduct statement.
    I don't want to be the ONE to do it but I hope someone eventually challenges a company over free speech vs exposing upper management at multi-million dollar corporations to ineptitude without having to face losing their jobs over it.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Free speech does not apply to the work environment. The free speech you are guaranteed by the first amendment only protects you from being legally penalized (sent to jail, etc.) for saying something. It does not prevent you from losing your job. When you agree to work for someone, it's like living at your parents' house. Their house, their rules. If you don't like them, leave.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Prospective employers check your FB and Twitter also. Not just current ones.

What you post online with these sites will tell them a hundred times more about your character than any interview will.
    That's why they also check your credit reports. It all reflects your character and personality.

Be prepared for this if you're hunting for a job.
    Last edited by residentcomedian; 09/02/2011 at 11:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Can I file a lawsuit against them for violation of 1st ammendment rights?
    The first amendment states "Congress shall make no law..." not that you are free from consequences for whatever you might say.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...