1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Interesting concept for a gaming laptop did alway with keys altogether! Look Ma no keys! See link.

take care,

Jay

Ultra-Thin Gaming Laptop Breaks New Ground With Video Touchpad [PICS]
    by Charlie White

Razer Blade Gaming Laptop Breaks New Ground With Video Touchpad

Look out gamers — here comes the Razer Blade. It’s unusually thin at a mere .88 inches, and it’s relatively light at 6.9 pounds, but its claim to fame is those groundbreaking configurable OLED buttons and LCD touchpad that gives mobile gamers a versatile new way to win.

The Razer Blade is due sometime in the fourth quarter of this year, and it’s made by that same company that creates gaming mice that we’ve favorably reviewed, as well as keyboards and other gaming accessories with a certain design flair. In fact, the company wowed us in January at CES with a prototype “Switchblade” laptop whose keyboard did away with conventional keys altogether, instead substituting lots of tiny OLED touchscreens. Yes, Razer has credible design chops.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Actually there are two laptops being discussed. The prototype was a palmtop device called the Switchblade. Its keys were actually buttons with OLED displays built into each one.

The Blade laptop, which is due to actually be produced, includes a standard keyboard with illuminated keys and pairs it with a touchscreen touchpad, with ten of the OLED buttons above it.

Touchscreens are a fad.
  3.    #3  
    Hi, how cool is that???

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Very cool, but I imagine also very expensive. I'm so hardcore that I refuse to suffer the disadvantages of an LCD screen for gaming, even on my desktop. Gaming laptop? Pssh. Where's the CRT? Can't be a gaming machine without a CRT. I'll leave it to the posers with trust funds.
    Touchscreens are a fad.