1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay

Microsoft wants ITC to ban Motorola smartphone imports
    By Adrian Kingsley-Hughes | August 23, 2011, 8:52am PDT

Microsoft wants ITC to ban Motorola smartphone imports | ZDNet

Summary: Microsoft fires a legal shot over Motorolaís bow and asks the ITC to ban handset imports into the US.

The smartphone industry is the only industry that Iím aware of where pretty much every player is suing everyone else. The lawyers involved must be happy. Anyway, the latest twist is that Microsoft has now approached the International Trade Commission and requested that Motorola imports be banned from the US.

The complaint revers to six handsets:

Droid 2
    Droid X
    Cliq XT
    Devour
    Backflip
    Charm
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I've actually read one of the patents MS is suing about (the one about notifying the phone about changes in battery status), and it's ridiculous to me that they were even awarded the patent in the first place. In order for an idea to be patented, it has to be "non-obvious." Many if not most of these smartphone patents are what I would call stupidly freakin' obvious. I think all of these patents should be rescinded. The consumer would win.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  3.    #3  
    Hi and Thank you...most of these cases are a foolish waste of the courts time...Apple claims it patented the tablet shape of a computer...however there were tablets before the Ipad...

Take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I've actually read one of the patents MS is suing about (the one about notifying the phone about changes in battery status), and it's ridiculous to me that they were even awarded the patent in the first place. In order for an idea to be patented, it has to be "non-obvious." Many if not most of these smartphone patents are what I would call stupidly freakin' obvious. I think all of these patents should be rescinded. The consumer would win.
    Like Palm/HP's patent for integrated web and telephony device or w.e.
    Haven't seen that one, but yeah, from what I've seen, the majority of patents that are generating lawsuits these days should have never been awarded IMO.
    Touchscreens are a fad.