Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hundreds if not thousands of touchpads up on ebay....Makes me very sad and angry. ****ers. I Hope HP dumps a ton of touchpads next week and they get burned.
    dabombcra and local.bin like this.
    You mean like this one?

Drawing of HP Touchpad 16GB, WI-FI, 9.7 - WHITE -READ | eBay

It's running prerelease software too; see how just type is in the bottom left? It also seems to be a prototype without a front button or a camera. Maybe a gesture strip? Hard to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    You mean like this one?

It's running prerelease software too; see how just type is in the bottom left? It also seems to be a prototype without a front button or a camera. Maybe a gesture strip? Hard to say.
    That's kinda sad.
    Holy crap - is that bid amount for real? That looks fully legit.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Holy crap - is that bid amount for real? That looks fully legit.
    Samsung bid on it to redesign the Galaxy so it doesn't look so much like an iPad.
    Gordon Gecko was wrong. Greed is not good.

I am gobbling up any accessories I find in stores, so that the greedy *******s and *******ettes don't gouge everyone else.

So far I have unloaded two touchstones for $35 (i bought at Walmart) and have two extra folios (one is spoken fore I believe).

Anyone in the Austin area can buy them for what I paid for. I am not one of these greedy *******os!
    Thank you
    You mean like this one?

That's ****ing amazing!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    OMG I can't believe it but Slick deals is Nuts right now I was on there since Friday night and I did get 2 touchpads one for the wife and one for me

(We are broke now but happy)

Yes ebay is full of idiots

Both sellers and buyers
    You mean like this one?

I wouldn't pay more than $50K for that. What a ripoff.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Such is life. People aren't stupid. If you can get something and sell it for more than you paid, that's generally good for you. You need to be mad at the people buying and keeping the secondhand market so high. The same thing happens with collectibles, tickets, stocks etc.
    Do you have to like it? Oh hell no. But it's the way things are going to be. For a while.
    untitled likes this.
    It's called capitalism. HP decided to sell the touchpad for less than what it's worth. Some people have taken the opportunity to put them out to bidding, where people will pay what it is worth to them. They are still selling for well under the original retail.
    AKA Preluva likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_B View Post
    Samsung bid on it to redesign the Galaxy so it doesn't look so much like an iPad.
    HAHAHAHA! They just gotta make sure that Apple doesn't resize it in photoshop to make it similar in dimensions.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPotoroo View Post
    It's called capitalism. HP decided to sell the touchpad for less than what it's worth. Some people have taken the opportunity to put them out to bidding, where people will pay what it is worth to them. They are still selling for well under the original retail.
    What ticks us off is some of these people bought them for 99 in mass quantities

When it should have not been allowed, limited to like 2 per person not 50 and 100
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    Such is life. People aren't stupid. If you can get something and sell it for more than you paid, that's generally good for you. You need to be mad at the people buying and keeping the secondhand market so high. The same thing happens with collectibles, tickets, stocks etc.
    Do you have to like it? Oh hell no. But it's the way things are going to be. For a while.
    Exactly! I don't get all the anger towards the sellers looking to make a profit since they were there at the right time to purchase these units. This is not food we're talking about, people aren't going to go hungry if they don't have a tablet. It's just business, every retailer does this. Buy something at lower cost and sell it for more. There is a demand for it, I don't blame them. There's no moral code that needs to be followed that allows all fellow consumers to get a piece of the pie. Eventually they'll all run out and there will still be people out there looking for some. What'll happen then? Whoever doesn't want his/hers will sell it on ebay and let the auction price go based on what market asks for it.

I understand people are frustrated that they weren't there at the opportune time, whether they just ran out or someone ahead of you purchased 5 and left you with none. You should've been there earlier like they were, if you couldn't because of whatever reason, oh well. Life goes on.

Oh and btw, i'm not an ebay seller myself so don't go thinking i'm trying to justify it cause of that.

I WAS able to find some touchpads for family and myself, driving around and staying up all night though. I consider myself lucky.
    sinsin07 and AKA Preluva like this.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    What ticks us off is some of these people bought them for 99 in mass quantities

When it should have not been allowed, limited to like 2 per person not 50 and 100
    This sale wasn't about fair or customer rationing or market value. It was about liquidating a discontinued product as quickly as possible. That's it. If people bought in mass quantities that serves HP's purposes better than selling them one at a time.
    sinsin07 likes this.
    Ya,I went to best buy and they had some in stock, but this customer ahead of me bought the last remaining three...I was ****ed, and they didn't do the one per customer... The woman had two of her friends buy it for her and they gave it all to her and the best buy rep was totally supporting it. she drove off with all touchpads and one of those could have been mine. I was so furious.
    Why is everybody hating? Nobody was guaranteed a TP. Nobody is being stopped from acquiring a firesale TP or one on eBay. When that one day $299 sale dropped some got them and others didn't, so wasn't that unfair? I'm sure there are plenty of people buying and flipping them here. I understand that some here can't find a firewall TP and it sucks but hating isn't going to accomplish anything.
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    While I can appreciate how annoying it may be to miss out on a deal, fact is that the TP has been on sale for a while now. If you didn't want it at full price you can still get it at a big discount - even the priciest eBay auctions (apart from the crazy ones) are half original price, and there are plenty of them.

So let's be honest here. Some people aren't really annoyed at eBayers or people buying from eBay, though that's who they're blaming. They're annoyed they're not the ones who got lucky. That's fair enough - but if the item actually means that much to you there's a simple answer: buy it anyway. So what if it's 200 rather than 115? It's *still* 200 rather than 499! It's not like the Wii launch where people were selling for double the original price - this is still a massive bargain. Unless of course you think the TP is a load of garbage only worth the bare minimum firesale price.

I think there's actually quite a bit of hypocrisy going on right now. A lot of people are moaning about buyers just being in it to make money and not being webOS true believers - but ask them to part with anything more than rock bottom even though it's still a massive discount, and they're suddenly not interested. That says to me that the ONLY issue they really ever cared about was getting a rock-bottom bargain price, and all the rest of the stuff about people who don't care about webOS buying TPs to sell on is just absolute guff.

So here's a thought - if you really do like the TP and care about webOS man up and pay a slightly higher price (but still a massive saving) for a great product you'll enjoy for a long time and be happy you got something great really cheap. Or, accept your luck wasn't in, walk away and stop implying the world is so horribly cruel when you're not even willing to pay less than half the original price for the product you claim to think is so great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Hundreds if not thousands of touchpads up on ebay....Makes me very sad and angry. ****ers. I Hope HP dumps a ton of touchpads next week and they get burned.
    Couldn't agree more! but too I think the Touchpad was initially priced too high, so I was waiting for a reduction before buying.

I expected around 300 pounds ...
    Prone nails it. If you were only willing to buy a TouchPad at $99, then you are just as much a profiteer as the folks selling them on e-bay. I was happy with mine at $500, and consider it a cross between dumb luck and the tragedy of HP's decision that I ultimately was refunded $400.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast