1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay

BlackBerry phones could get Android app compatibility in 2012
    By Ricardo Bilton | August 24, 2011, 2:54pm PDT

BlackBerry phones could get Android app compatibility in 2012 | ZDNet

Summary: RIMís upcoming QNX BlackBerry phones could come with a big feature: the ability to run Android apps.

Could the Blackberry soon follow the PlayBookís lead and gain the ability to run Android apps?

Thatís the story according to Bloomberg, which says that RIMís QNX phones could be seeing the functionality as soon as early 2012. The report says that the move is a result of RIMís desire to boost the sagging sales of its phones. With the the Android Market currently boasting over 250,000 apps, the move would be a smart one if RIM is serious about increasing the appeal of its phones.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    That could be huge for Blackberry. I have to admit, it might make me take them seriously for once. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    That could be huge for Blackberry. I have to admit, it might make me take them seriously for once. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
    Hi all,

I'm going to avoid RIM/BB b/c they are having major problems...I've been with Palm for over 11 years...unless someone buys webOS or licenses it quickly...I will be forced to leave...why go from one dying platform to another that is on the verge of major headaches? A

BB jury rigged for Android makes me think why not get an android to start with???
    Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Because QNX is probably the next closest thing to webOS out there. Imagine if webOS ran Android apps.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Because QNX is probably the next closest thing to webOS out there. Imagine if webOS ran Android apps.
    Hi

true but BB & Rim are in trouble...I'm not sure I want to go thru this mess all over again!

take care,

jay