Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    August 24, 2011, 6:36 PM ET

.Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO - Deal Journal - WSJ
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    65fastback likes this.
    It's a genuinely sad day just because of the implications.
  3.    #3  
    HI all,

Sadly I assume it's for health reasons, after all he is on leave due to his health...he had been very ill leading to a transplant. He hasn't looked well in years...I can only wish him well and hope he gets better...

take care all,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    man, im going partying tonight
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Regardless of what you think of SJ as a CEO, you must feel for him personally as he battles pancreatic cancer.
    Last edited by BobKy; 08/25/2011 at 05:10 PM.
    This has been a hell of a month for tech news...
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Regardless of what you think of SB as a CEO, you must feel for him personally as he battles pancreatic cancer.
    oh i do

i still hate apple just as much tho
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    just heard this on CNN

I hear Rubenstein might be lookin for a new job.

just don't bring in Leo apotheker.
    Leo would definitely drop tablets and phones because there is no profit or market for them
    @agentmock

10.    #10  
    Hi,

I Wish for him the very best....don't I care for the man and the fact that he believed only his view counted...but I wish him the very best in his fight against his illness.

Take care,

Jay
    Steve Jobs Resigning as Apple CEO!

http://www.tipb.com/2011/08/24/steve...-tim-cook-ceo/
  12. c4r
    wow...
    Now apple will buy web os
    well I guess I just heard he is chairman of the board, so he is still king of the castle.
    Hope he's ok! The letter sounds a bit blunt and I hope is health isn't deteriorating.

'To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve'

All the best!!
    Sad news for the tech world. Good news for Apple haters...
    people can hate apple and Steve as much as they want but in the end he did an amazing job of bringing technology to common folks. For example before the iphone, smartphones were pretty much purchased by business execs and tech geeks.
    Holy apple core meltdown!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    people can hate apple and Steve as much as they want but in the end he did an amazing job of bringing technology to common folks. For example before the iphone, smartphones were pretty much purchased by business execs and tech geeks.
    For sure. Without Steve Jobs and his vision I think the tech world would be a very different place.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Sad news for the tech world. Good news for Apple haters...
    No it shouldn't be good news for anyone and I hope it doesn't go there. These phones are just tools. Steve Jobs has had a heck of a time with his health and I wish the best for him.

I wouldn't wish those kinds of problem for anyone.

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    fwinst and VCI_Cell like this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast