Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes
    I don't see it on the ESPN homepage?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    But why in the HECK is Steve Jobs resignation on the homepage of espn.com??????
    ESPN is owned by Disney. Guess who Disney's single largest individual shareholder is.
    Screen grab attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Is he that iconic of an individual? It's not as if he died...although even if that were the case, I still can't imagine why it'd get noted on 100% sports website.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Is he that iconic of an individual? It's not as if he died...although even if that were the case, I still can't imagine why it'd get noted on 100% sports website.
    Jobs invented little. But by all accounts every Apple product since 1997 was made exactly the way HE wanted. The iPhone is a tiny 3.5" screen because he has little hands and it was designed specifically for Jobs.

I am no Apple fan but for 14 years the world has raced to duplicate the iPod, iPad, iPhone, MacBook, MacBook Air, iTunes, etc. Before that was the Mac, iMac, Pixar, and more.

Any one of those would assure you position in tech history. Taken together it's quite a legacy. The Wall Street Journal said this today: Jobs's Legacy: Changing How We Live.

Oh and about ESPN, more people use the ESPN iPad app than go to the ESPN website.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Jobs invented little. But by all accounts every Apple product since 1997 was made exactly the way HE wanted. The iPhone is a tiny 3.5" screen because he has little hands and it was designed specifically for Jobs.

I am no Apple fan but for 14 years the world has raced to duplicate the iPod, iPad, iPhone, MacBook, MacBook Air, iTunes, etc. Before that was the Mac, iMac, Pixar, and more.

Any one of those would assure you position in tech history. Taken together it's quite a legacy. The Wall Street Journal said this today: Jobs's Legacy: Changing How We Live.

Oh and about ESPN, more people use the ESPN iPad app than go to the ESPN website.
    No doubt the man is accomplished. But his resignation is not sports newsworthy in any way whatsoever. The fact that his resignation made it on the ESPN homepage makes me hate Apple even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    August 24, 2011, 6:36 PM ET

.Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO - Deal Journal - WSJ
    Gotta admit, Jobs was tenacious and always looked for ways to improve things. he was definitely a visionary.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234