Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    He's an amazing innovator. Imagine where WebOS would have been with someone like that behind it. OOO, I just gave myself the chills.
    It would have been iOS... WebOS was spawned from a group of programmers that worked on iOS that left Apple and joined Palm.
    Innovation was never webOS's problem. Execution on the other hand...
    ilovedessert likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Companies can do that???
    Wait, This.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Whether you like apple or Jobs or not, the man made a huge impact on all of us.
    I wish him good health and many years.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    ilovedessert likes this.
    Like many others, I respect what Mr. Jobs has brought to the computing world, but I can't help but speculate this resignation and news hard news on the release of the iphone5 and ipad3 is an effort to knock the Touchpad thunder from the front page.
    Trading was suspended because it was announced after close.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Here's your opportunity HP! Send Leo to Apple, he'll make a mess and tank them!

...I know I'm just fantasizing.
    Why would you fantasize about taking out one of the very few companies in the world that actually leads innovation? That would be just lowering the bar/standard for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Innovation was never webOS's problem. Execution on the other hand...
    That's what Jobs did so well - foster innovation and execution. That's what made him so brilliant as a leader for Apple. Hate Apple all you want, but you can't deny the incredible impact he's had on the tech industry.
    The Touchpad makes his first victim and was not Leo... :lol:

Best Regards...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Trading was suspended because it was announced after close.
    Odd cause after hours shows it down $19. ??
    I don't hate Apple, I hate smug Apple users
    ilovedessert likes this.
    <<threads merged>>
    check out after hours trading on their stock. I don't like Apple, or its business practices, but there is no denying the impact that man has had on this market. And the current trading reflects just how important he is viewed as.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    the man has been remarkable. The only thing I wish he had attempted was to manufacture in the us. Apple could single handedly rebirth the manufacturing of electronics in the US, bringing some much needed jobs
  15.    #55  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.....

Take care,

Jay

August 24, 2011
    Without Its Master of Design, Apple Will Face Many Challenges

By STEVE LOHR

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/25/te...gewanted=print

Steven P. Jobs, one of the most successful chief executives in corporate history, once said he never thought of himself as a manager, but as a leader. And his notion of leadership revolved around choosing the best people possible, encouraging them and creating an environment in which they could do great work.

But the Apple team, analysts say, will face a far greater trial in achieving continued success without Mr. Jobs in charge.

Mr. Jobs, who said Wednesday that he was stepping down as Apple’s chief executive, said in an interview shortly after he returned to the company in 1997 that his leadership style had changed over the years, as he matured.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Like many others, I respect what Mr. Jobs has brought to the computing world, but I can't help but speculate this resignation and news hard news on the release of the iphone5 and ipad3 is an effort to knock the Touchpad thunder from the front page.
    Really?.. no really? WebOS is dead.. a non starter. nobody cares about it at all and the only reason the TP is getting press is because of the huge failure on HP's part.

The TP is the biggest flop in years. To kill a product completely, just over 45 days from it's release and dump a product at a fire sale is by no means "thunder".

That kind of thinking is delusional.
    Last edited by genearch; 08/24/2011 at 10:48 PM.
    Daring Fireball: Resigned

Gruber nailed it:
    Jobs’s greatest creation isn’t any Apple product. It is Apple itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Why would you fantasize about taking out one of the very few companies in the world that actually leads innovation? That would be just lowering the bar/standard for everyone.
    If you said that a few years ago, I would agree but these days Apple and their ridiculous prior art patents and lawsuits makes me sick. And don't get me started with their snobs and phanboys e.g. iJustine, these people give Apple the bad name in my books.

Besides, the true innovator left the company a long time ago: Woz.
    ilovedessert likes this.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If you said that a few years ago, I would agree but these days Apple and their ridiculous prior art patents and lawsuits makes me sick. And don't get me started with their snobs and phanboys e.g. iJustine, these people give Apple the bad name in my books.

Besides, the true innovator left the company a long time ago: Woz.
    Hi all,

Am I sorry that his health is fail...you bet...I wouldn't wish what Jobs has on anyone!

However, Apple has gone crazy of late.....one of Apple's lawsuits claim the shape of the tablet is patent, yet there were tablet computers long before the iPad.....in so many ways Jobs turned out to be just what he accused MS/Bill Gates of being/doing years ago! The other thing is that, the iPhone is what Jobs' wants for a smartphone not what others want...frankly if it doesn't have a keyboard or a removable battery I don't want it....Jobs' contended that keyboards fail...in my 11 years with a Treo 300, 600, 650 and centro, the keyboard NEVER failed....

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    But why in the HECK is Steve Jobs resignation on the homepage of espn.com??????
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast