Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Yeah that is sad news. At least he gave HP a few days to bask in the sun.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    even though I'm obviously a Webos fan boy. I respect this man for what he's done for the tech community. I wish him well
    While I dislike Apple and their products from a consumer point of view, I think there is no doubt that from a business point of view the man is brilliant. He was also quite gifted at innovation. I am sure this isn't good news for him personally because it means his cancer is taking its toll. Having lost too many loved ones to cancer I feel for him and his family and wish him all the best.

Maybe I will send him a 'get well' message from my Touchpad. I kid I kid...
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    No it shouldn't be good news for anyone and I hope it doesn't go there. These phones are just tools. Steve Jobs has had a heck of a time with his health and I wish the best for him.

I wouldn't wish those kinds of problem for anyone.

C
    His health had NOTHING to do with my comment. Way to completely misinterpret what I meant.
    Last edited by jcohengd; 08/24/2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Typo fix
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    He's an amazing innovator. Imagine where WebOS would have been with someone like that behind it. OOO, I just gave myself the chills.
    I find this interesting that this still hasn't made the front page of google news. Yahoo has even beaten them.
    Well John Rubinstein, for the most part, completely the designed the iPod...so I dunno. Apparently the iPad was Steve's baby and he had the idea even before the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I find this interesting that this still hasn't made the front page of google news. Yahoo has even beaten them.
    Very interesting considering you'd think they'd want this news out there ASAP.
    I'm not worried about Apple, I'm worried about Steve.

Apple is on autopilot and will continue to operate as normal for years to come. The culture and personnel put into place at Apple by Steve will continue to lead for years to come.
    Not an apple ******....but this is a sad day for technology in general...
    Not sure why fan-boy was blocked
    Reuters: Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple

(Reuters) - Silicon Valley legend Steve Jobs on Wednesday resigned as chief executive of Apple Inc in a stunning move that ended his 14-year reign at the technology giant he co-founded in a garage.

Apple shares were suspended from trade before the announcement. They had gained 0.7 percent to close at $376.18...
    Quote Originally Posted by hapbeeboy View Post
    Not sure why fan-boy was blocked
    hahahahaha....that's funny
    My bet to go Android is looking better and better now

Haha hapbeeboy wasn't lying! That apple *******.
    Last edited by jcohengd; 08/24/2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Checking...
    Here's your opportunity HP! Send Leo to Apple, he'll make a mess and tank them!

...I know I'm just fantasizing.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Companies can do that???
    hope his health is Ok, wish him well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    His health had NOTHING to do with my comment. Way to completely misinterpret what I meant.
    My comment wasn't directed to YOU. It was to the (as you put it) "Apple Haters" out there who would be happy. I know you wouldn't be one of them, right?
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    actually rubi didnt design the ipod...

his claim to fame is that he found the hard drive used in the ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Well John Rubinstein, for the most part, completely the designed the iPod...so I dunno. Apparently the iPad was Steve's baby and he had the idea even before the iPhone.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast