• 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By SR1
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By Wiley_11
  • 1 Post By groovy
  • 1 Post By ilovedessert
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'd like to discuss the difference between Precentral and Androidcentral.

Since a webOS phone is no longer going to be offered, I've been looking into other smartphones with a physical keyboard. That leaves me with three choices:

1. BB, (which I'm not considering, I've been there and done that in terms of another smartphone maker with major trouble on the horizon).
    2. Android
    3. Win7

I've posted twice on Androidcentral, saying I'm a Android newbie who needs advice and I've not had ANY answers.... (Other than a boiler plate auto responce thanking me for joining).

That would never happen on Precentral.....NEVER...I'm sure of it, b/c I've posted to many, many new Palm users. I've posted over 3,200 times on Precentral and I've been a member of Precentral for over 11 years, (that's years before there was an Androidcentral or AndroidOS! I've also been thanked for my postings just under 850 times....and yet not one person including the Mods and/or the employees have decided to answer me....

It doesn't say much about Androidcentral or Android users......do ALL of the people who post on AndroidCentral all secretly work for MS?

Sad state of affairs at Androidcentral.

take care,

Jay
    Last edited by ilovedessert; 08/23/2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    It's not the heat; it's the humidity.
    Jay... just because HP said they don't want to make the hardware anymore doesn't mean that webOS is gone. Actually, they have stated several times that users should hold on as they will be moving webOS forward. HP doesn't want to mess with hardware anymore (good thing since they screwed it up from the beginning) but are looking to have other companies license webOS for their phones. Whether it's true or not, is yet to be seen....<fingers crossed>
    ilovedessert likes this.
  4. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    get an iphone. Seriously, the keyboard is great. I can type just as fast on that thing as I could on my old bb. And honestly, it will be a huge step up from the pre.

I will agree with your sentiment that this forum offers a great atmosphere. I only know of one other forum that is as friendly
    ilovedessert likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sr/1 View Post
    get an iphone. Seriously, the keyboard is great. I can type just as fast on that thing as I could on my old bb. And honestly, it will be a huge step up from the pre.

I will agree with your sentiment that this forum offers a great atmosphere. I only know of one other forum that is as friendly
    Hi,

Thank you, but that's not going to happen. Due to the disability and pain issues I have with my hands and arms, I can't type on glass...since Jobs opposed keyboards....(he felt they were unreliable, even thought in 11 years with a Treo 300, 600, 650 & Centro, I NEVER had a keyboard problem).

I also don't want to be without a removable battery.....I know there are cases with built in batteries...but why pay so much extra when I can just swap out batteries? (I know there are emergency chargers as well).

Frankly I like the idea of having a choice of the features that I want and not what a company feels what I need b/c the Big Cheese doesn't want a keyboard on HIS phone.

I'm not happy about going to Android, I have a number of friends who hate theirs but....RIM/BB is facing the same mess that Palm/HP/webOS is now...I don't want to go thru this all over again in a year or so. All of the smaller OS's are too small to count on at least for now....

Frankly as far as Leo and Ruby are concerned...I would like to quote Dixie Carter as Julia Sugarbaker from Designing Women..."were both going to the woodshed and one of us isn't coming back alive"! LOL...

All kidding aside they are the two dumbest execs I can think of!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Jay... just because HP said they don't want to make the hardware anymore doesn't mean that webOS is gone. Actually, they have stated several times that users should hold on as they will be moving webOS forward. HP doesn't want to mess with hardware anymore (good thing since they screwed it up from the beginning) but are looking to have other companies license webOS for their phones. Whether it's true or not, is yet to be seen....<fingers crossed>
    Hi, I want to believe them but...........

I'm not jumping off the cliff just yet...I'm at least going to wait until Sept 1st when HTC & Samsung have their press conferences!

Thanks for the moral support.

take care,

jay
  7. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    get a blackberry. I went from a curve to an htc incredible to an iPhone 4. Curve was really great except for the browser and slow hardware. But the new blackberries are not only blazing fast with a solid browser, but they're very well built and you won't feel like a prepubescent boy every time you tell someone you have a "droid.” Plus, none of the flagship android devices have keyboards while all the blackberry flagship do. Blackberry isn't going anywhere
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sr/1 View Post
    get a blackberry. I went from a curve to an htc incredible to an iPhone 4. Curve was really great except for the browser and slow hardware. But the new blackberries are not only blazing fast with a solid browser, but they're very well built and you won't feel like a prepubescent boy every time you tell someone you have a "droid. Plus, none of the flagship android devices have keyboards while all the blackberry flagship do. Blackberry isn't going anywhere
    Hi,

Thank you.

I'm more than a little afraid to have a BB, RIM/BB has it's own mess....I don't want to go to another dying platform...

take care,

Jay
    Agreed. I've joined A|C for so e thing I was trying to figure out with my gf's Incredible S, and I would literally have to wait days, sometimes weeks for an answer. I think a large part of that is due to that site having such a broad userbase,so many different phones, as well as the fact that most people join forums as a result of having an issue with something, and to be quite honest, wasn't a result of having an issue with her phone so much as just my own curiosity.

Pre|Central is (seemingly) hands-down far user friendly.
    ilovedessert likes this.
    I looked in *Introductions* and searched your username and drew a blank. I'll PM you my username at A/C. Don't panic we'll get you dialed in !!
    ilovedessert likes this.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Don't blame A|C because they don't stand up to P|C. What other site can?
    ilovedessert likes this.
  12.    #12  
    Hi all,

Perhaps a bolt of lighting will hit Leo in the head and make him realize that they HAVE to license webOS and save us from all of the madness of other OS's!

take care,

Jay
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Perhaps a bolt of lighting will hit Leo in the head and make him realize that they HAVE to license webOS and save us from all of the madness of other OS's!

take care,

Jay
    we can only hope. I'll call up my buddy Zeus and get back to you.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    we can only hope. I'll call up my buddy Zeus and get back to you.
    Hi and thank you very much!

take care,

Jay