Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By tooearly
  • 1 Post By tooearly
  1.    #1  
    I know hate is a strong word, but seeing as there was a firesale this weekend on the TouchPad, people that purchase them for the sole purpose of reselling at a higher price to make a quick buck, I think I can say they suck and I dislike those people.

I'm not even in a huge city, but even I see people on craigslist reselling TP's for higher prices.

I don't know if anyone else agrees with me or if I'm in my own boat on this one, but I just wanted to share my frustration with people.
    Sprint Love
    Street price on ebay is above $200, because the $100 directly from HP are all sold out.

It's a disgrace.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Street price on ebay is above $200, because the $100 directly from HP are all sold out.

It's a disgrace.
    I just email a couple of the people selling the Touchpad's on Craiglist offering them $50. Obviously won't get it, but if they're willing to sell that low, I'd be willing to give it to someone who didn't get one.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

It's a disgrace.
    Tell me about it. Launch day Pre owner, Veer owner, launch day TouchPad 32 owner, now without a TouchPad because of all this ridiculous flailing around by HP. So some dude can port a TouchPad to Android or gouge me for 100 bucks because he's got the time on his hands to hit refresh for 7 hours?

Disgraceful, indeed.
    A week ago, you'd be all over buying a TP for $200. (I am assuming...)

Unless you suddenly think it is only worth $99.
  6.    #6  
    It's clearly worth more than $200, but it's the principal of getting for the price that they reduced it to, not that it's not worth it.
    Sprint Love
    grappler likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    A week ago, you'd be all over buying a TP for $200. (I am assuming...)

Unless you suddenly think it is only worth $99.
    Yes, but it was a different universe a week ago.

You have to understand that hours after I make my return, after insisting they will never (a) sell a TouchPad again or (b) do any price matching, BestBuy decides to do both of those things, but because I have a life and can't follow every single development in the insane asylum that is the new TouchPad retail space, I ain't got a TouchPad.

You have to imagine what it's like, considering that I bought on launch day to the sound of crickets. Then I start reading about people who brought in their TouchPad and walked back out with it, plus $480. Or people who bought 5 and are now flipping them on eBay.

Oh, and I still couldn't touch a 32 for $200 on eBay.

It's a bit hard to take. I'm not saying I'm being rational. Really ****ed-off people seldom are.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    It's called capitalism, I don't do it when I find a good deal but if they made the effort and spent the money to turn a profit then so be it.

These people have probably spent anywhere from $1K to $5k buying these things up and are trying to sell them for profit.

If you find people trying to make money despicable move to a communist country.
    Quote Originally Posted by herk_fe View Post
    It's called capitalism, I don't do it when I find a good deal but if they made the effort and spent the money to turn a profit then so be it.

These people have probably spent anywhere from $1K to $5k buying these things up and are trying to sell them for profit.

If you find people trying to make money despicable move to a communist country.
    Wow! Boom! You really schooled me!

"Move to a communist country"?! What is this, 1968? Communist countries are harder to find than TouchPads . . .

I'm blaming HP, not the people on eBay or whatever. Part of capitalism is serving your customer base, last time I looked.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Wow! Boom! You really schooled me!

"Move to a communist country"?! What is this, 1968? Communist countries are harder to find than TouchPads . . .

I'm blaming HP, not the people on eBay or whatever. Part of capitalism is serving your customer base, last time I looked.
    Didn't quote you and was talking to the OP since he hates people who are trying to utilize a deal to make a profit.

As someone who actively deal hunts I see people buy multiples all the time. I see people call in and get a deal killed prematurely. I realize that good deals are just that and you can't expect to get in on every single one. If a person finds a great deal and utilizes their capital to purchase multiples of that deal for profit more power to them. I bought one at 2 am on friday and only 1 because that was all I needed.