Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By tooearly
  • 1 Post By tooearly
  1.    #1  
    I know hate is a strong word, but seeing as there was a firesale this weekend on the TouchPad, people that purchase them for the sole purpose of reselling at a higher price to make a quick buck, I think I can say they suck and I dislike those people.

    I'm not even in a huge city, but even I see people on craigslist reselling TP's for higher prices.

    I don't know if anyone else agrees with me or if I'm in my own boat on this one, but I just wanted to share my frustration with people.
    Sprint Love
  2. #2  
    Street price on ebay is above $200, because the $100 directly from HP are all sold out.

    It's a disgrace.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Street price on ebay is above $200, because the $100 directly from HP are all sold out.

    It's a disgrace.
    I just email a couple of the people selling the Touchpad's on Craiglist offering them $50. Obviously won't get it, but if they're willing to sell that low, I'd be willing to give it to someone who didn't get one.
    Sprint Love
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Street price on ebay is above $200, because the $100 directly from HP are all sold out.

    It's a disgrace.
    Tell me about it. Launch day Pre owner, Veer owner, launch day TouchPad 32 owner, now without a TouchPad because of all this ridiculous flailing around by HP. So some dude can port a TouchPad to Android or gouge me for 100 bucks because he's got the time on his hands to hit refresh for 7 hours?

    Disgraceful, indeed.
  5. #5  
    A week ago, you'd be all over buying a TP for $200. (I am assuming...)

    Unless you suddenly think it is only worth $99.
  6.    #6  
    It's clearly worth more than $200, but it's the principal of getting for the price that they reduced it to, not that it's not worth it.
    Sprint Love
    grappler likes this.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    A week ago, you'd be all over buying a TP for $200. (I am assuming...)

    Unless you suddenly think it is only worth $99.
    Yes, but it was a different universe a week ago.

    You have to understand that hours after I make my return, after insisting they will never (a) sell a TouchPad again or (b) do any price matching, BestBuy decides to do both of those things, but because I have a life and can't follow every single development in the insane asylum that is the new TouchPad retail space, I ain't got a TouchPad.

    You have to imagine what it's like, considering that I bought on launch day to the sound of crickets. Then I start reading about people who brought in their TouchPad and walked back out with it, plus $480. Or people who bought 5 and are now flipping them on eBay.

    Oh, and I still couldn't touch a 32 for $200 on eBay.

    It's a bit hard to take. I'm not saying I'm being rational. Really ****ed-off people seldom are.
  8. Herk_FE's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    #8  
    It's called capitalism, I don't do it when I find a good deal but if they made the effort and spent the money to turn a profit then so be it.

    These people have probably spent anywhere from $1K to $5k buying these things up and are trying to sell them for profit.

    If you find people trying to make money despicable move to a communist country.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by herk_fe View Post
    It's called capitalism, I don't do it when I find a good deal but if they made the effort and spent the money to turn a profit then so be it.

    These people have probably spent anywhere from $1K to $5k buying these things up and are trying to sell them for profit.

    If you find people trying to make money despicable move to a communist country.
    Wow! Boom! You really schooled me!

    "Move to a communist country"?! What is this, 1968? Communist countries are harder to find than TouchPads . . .

    I'm blaming HP, not the people on eBay or whatever. Part of capitalism is serving your customer base, last time I looked.
  10. Herk_FE's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Wow! Boom! You really schooled me!

    "Move to a communist country"?! What is this, 1968? Communist countries are harder to find than TouchPads . . .

    I'm blaming HP, not the people on eBay or whatever. Part of capitalism is serving your customer base, last time I looked.
    Didn't quote you and was talking to the OP since he hates people who are trying to utilize a deal to make a profit.

    As someone who actively deal hunts I see people buy multiples all the time. I see people call in and get a deal killed prematurely. I realize that good deals are just that and you can't expect to get in on every single one. If a person finds a great deal and utilizes their capital to purchase multiples of that deal for profit more power to them. I bought one at 2 am on friday and only 1 because that was all I needed.

Posting Permissions