1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Even though this article doesn't mention webOS, it got me wondering how Samsung feels about Google/Moto as one firm.....

I'm sure it's keeping them up at night....of course the phone disused was designed long before Google dropped it's own bombshell last week buy bidding on Moto.

take care,

jay

Ice Cream Sandwich Samsung Nexus Prime on Verizon?
    by Andrew Bryant | posted: August 21, 2011

Ice Cream Sandwich Samsung Nexus Prime on Verizon? | Myona.com

Previously, in the month of June, there’s a report that Samsung was allegedly the one to manufacture Google’s next 100%-Android phone — maybe the same thing like the Nexus S. That phone is speculated to be called the Nexus Prime and has been rumored to surfaced inside Verizon’s headquarter.

The next generation Nexus is not only expected to be powered with Google’s Android 4.0 which is a Ice Cream Sandwich but it will also rumored to be sporting a 720p display with 720 x 1280 HD resolution.

There are several reports about the phone’s display size, some tipped it to be 4.5 inches and others mentioned about 4.65. We’ve also heard speculations about it’s CPU which will be of a Texas Instruments OMAP4460 dual-core processor running at 1.5GHz aided by a PowerVR SGX540 GPU.

(Supposedly) wearing a Nexus Prime inside Verizon’s headquarters doesn’t technically mean that it will be glued to the carrier. The Nexus Prime will most likely be, as its predecessors, a GSM-phone (since the majority of carriers globally are) but a CDMA follow-up can surely be anticipated to, just like with the Nexus S.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I really like the Nexus S but it didnt come out on sprint until it was already "outdated" stupid cdma.
    I want this phone.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    I want this phone.
    Hi,

I want to see the reviews first!

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I really want a new phone now that webOS is dying...but i also want to wait for these 720p ICS phones that are set to come out in Nov.

what to do, what to do...
  6.    #7  
    Hi all,

Unless it has a keyboard I'm not interested.

Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Unless it has a keyboard I'm not interested.

Take care,

Jay
    http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...be-coming-soon

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...erizon-systems

-Suntan
  8.    #9  
    Hi & thank you....

I was sold until I saw that it doesn't have a removable battery which is one of my MAJOR pet peeves.....I'm willing to bet that b/c Ice Cream Sandwich will eat thru batteries. Then you have the same mess of having to carry more crap to charge you battery instead of allowing a removable battery....Palm was smart to dump the non removable battery from the Treo 300 to the Treo 600.....Sadly Steve Jobs just used the non removable battery as another revue stream by charging 3 to 4 times the price to have them replace the battery then for you to be able to change out the battery yourself...

OH yes it also makes a phone 1 micron thinner...it's bad enough that Jobs had millions of people bamboozled...in fact recently someone was shocked when I switched out my battery on my old Centro, in front of them.... they had no idea that batteries were removable since they've only used an Iphone (before that they never used a smartphone)... and were upset they Apple doesn't do so and they have to carry around a device to temporarily charge their phone...

They were also shocked to find out how cheap phone batteries are in relation to what Apple charges to change the battery for you....of course you could always void the warranty and crack it open yourself...

Mind you this blunder is being done by the OWNER or the Android platform now that they have their hands on Moto!

Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi & thank you....

I was sold until I saw that it doesn't have a removable battery which is one of my MAJOR pet peeves.....
    Available today in a Verizon store... with removable battery:

http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-3-review

It's my daily phone now and it runs very nicely.

-Suntan
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Available today in a Verizon store... with removable battery:

http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-3-review

It's my daily phone now and it runs very nicely.

-Suntan
    Hi,

I'm glad to hear it...but BTW the 1st article you posted said is has a NON-REMOVABLE BATTERY! Glad to hear that Moto didn't pull a Steve Jobs! That's were I got the info that the battery was NON removable!

Here is the info from THAT article:

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...be-coming-soon

It seems like just yesterday the Motorola Droid 3 was released, and now we already are seeing the Motorola Droid 4? Yikes -- released just three months ago, the Motorola Droid 3 brought a larger screen and better keyboard but was lacking LTE out. Looks like that will change with the Droid 4. In addition to the picture the folks at Droid-Life were able to get some specs on the device, and they are as follows:

4-inch screen (assuming Super AMOLED Advanced)
    Full 5-row illuminated keyboard
    RAZR styling
    4G LTE
    Non-removable battery
    Android 2.3.5
    1080p video recording (assuming 8MP)
    Front camera
    HDMI out
    MotoACTV syncing

take care,

Jay
    My first post was of the Droid 4 which will have a non-removable battery. It has not officially been announced.

My second post was a link to the Droid 3, which is available in stores now. It has a removable battery.

Both of them are the pinnicle of smartphones if one must have a physical keyboard, imo.

-Suntan
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    My first post was of the Droid 4 which will have a non-removable battery. It has not officially been announced.

My second post was a link to the Droid 3, which is available in stores now. It has a removable battery.

Both of them are the pinnicle of smartphones if one must have a physical keyboard, imo.

-Suntan
    Hi thank you and my comment then still stands over making a new state of the art smartphone with a non removable battery....I trust it's not a trend...so far only Apple has been so foolish!

take care,

jay