Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geeksquadkid
  1.    #1  
    ...I have a strange taste for things. Everything I want seems to die as soon as I try to get one.

Back then I wanted an Oldsmobile Alero, GM shut them down in 2004. So I moved on and got a Pontiac G6, they too got shutdown in 2010 (and I replaced it with a Solstice, BTW). I had a Palm OS phone when they were dead, moved to a Symbian, and then webOS. Now look what happened.

I really do have the touch of reverse Midas, don't I?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    So tell us where you are going next? And I'll run in the opposite direction! LOL!
    Become an apple guy please
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
    You wanted an Oldsmobile and Pontiac? Good god, man... what were you thinking?!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    You wanted an Oldsmobile and Pontiac? Good god, man... what were you thinking?!
    Yes I know. Make it worse that I'm actually Asian, you know, those that are stereotyped to drive Civics?

Did it blow up your head yet?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

I swear to god, if you really do end up going back to Symbian I am going to come to Toronto and buy you a beer for being a better man than me.
  7.    #7  
    At this rate, it might as well happen.

Frankly after 2 years following and using webOS, I'm really tired of all the battles I had to fend off from my friends. Really tired of the "you should get an iPhone/Android". Now I don't want to join them, might as well leave this entire smartphone mess altogether and go back to a dumbphone, in my case my trusty E51 (it's not really that dumb, I have a Gmail app on it). It always worked.

But at this point, probably not until my Veer is broken or if HP decides to kill the services.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    The Vita will have a SIM slot model with 3G locked to AT&T.
    Let's see if someone unlocks it, builds the dialer app, and you could terminate Sony.
    Do you mean Xperia Play? We have it up in Canada.

Oh and no keyboard so not interested. I have Sony stuff but I never "liked them".
    Since I figure this is the official ToniCipriani thread...did you end up grabbing a TouchPad? I know how you feel about tablets and I'm just wondering if $99 was the magic price point for you.