Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheAngelOfElysium
  1.    #1  
    I was making an attempt to set up dual booting with ubuntu. But I guess I did it wrong cause I never get a dual boot option. My computer just goes straight to ubuntu when it boots. I don't think I erased windows. I never got a warning that I was about to erase a os. And when I did install ubuntu I didn't pick the first option that says that its going to erase both os. I really want my windows back please help me I don't have a windows recovery disk. Never got one with the computer and I hope I didn't erase all my windows files.
  2.    #2  
    a little more info I use the create something else option since the other option was erase both os.
    google how to create a bootloader to boot into windows.
  4.    #4  
    I currently have ubuntu on my usd and was look to see if there is and unistall option. basically I erase the ubuntu the wrong way and now my computer thinks it has no os o it. I'm currently using ubuntu of my flash drive... What happen to my window??? imma try doing what u said though.
  5.    #5  
    I'm having such a hard time with this os.... its like a nightmare. I found a window vista iso file but I have no way of making it into a bootable usb file with this stupid os!
    Well if you're gonna be that pessimistic about it, why don't you just toss your computer out and get a new one while you're at it?

Seriously. Find instructions on the internet.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    jeffmcc likes this.
  7.    #7  
    I'm just worried I erased all my window files. When I was trying to partition it. I think I partitioned all the remaining space on my hard drive to ubuntu. Any I do have my product key stamped on the cpu maybe I can download a window vista install cd from windows and recover windows?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    The best way to use Ubuntu or any other version of Linux is to install it on a flash drive. And then boot from that flash drive. That keeps your main OS and the version of Linux that you would like to play around with separate.

Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3 | USB Pen Drive Linux

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  9.    #9  
    you are so correct. I have replaced my version of windows with it. I have a product key that say window vista home premium oemact. I have a hp pavilion computer. i'm searching for a vista download that I can either burn to a dvd or to a flashdrive that works with my key to reinstall windows.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balla2g2 View Post
    you are so correct. I have replaced my version of windows with it. I have a product key that say window vista home premium oemact. I have a hp pavilion computer. i'm searching for a vista download that I can either burn to a dvd or to a flashdrive that works with my key to reinstall windows.
    Ummm don't tell me you threw out your restore discs

Sometimes you might be able to request replacement discs...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!