1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.
    Take care,
    Jay

Broadband Closer to Advertised Speeds: Study

By REUTERS, August 2, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Broadband speeds on average are within 80 percent of what major Internet service providers advertise, a big improvement from two years ago, according to a government study.

The Federal Communications Commission studied cable, DSL and fiber-to-the-home services at 13 top U.S. broadband providers.

The agency found Verizon Communications Inc's fiber network was best at meeting or exceeding advertised maximum download speeds, while Cablevision Systems Corp was the worst.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Funny you should bring this up now.

I am trying to determine what my broadband speed is here in OMaha with cox.

I am paying $60 a month for the preferred plan which states up to 15mbps download speed and power boost which is supposed to increase the speed on large files.

I've been using some online sites to determine what I'm actually getting and I haven't been able to get a download speed of anything greater then 3mbps download. When I download large files my transfer rate is always showing less then 1mbps transfer rate and it's usually settling below 300kbps for large files.

For $24 a month Cox advertises their standard internet plan with up to 3mbps download.

Am I getting robbed?