1.    #1  
    So what are everyones thoughts on roku and/or boxee? I am in the market for purchasing something to take the place of cable which is getting way too expensive.

Roku looks like it may be the easiest, but boxee looks like it might open up other possibilities. There's also the WD tv live plus.
    Personally I think Google TV is the king of the Internet TV device platforms right now, but it's not as cheap as Roku or WD TV. I'm also all about integrating the experience into the TV rather than having to use a separate device and have to change sources/remotes/etc., so the ultimate device IMO would be a Sony TV integrated with Google TV. But there are also Sony Blu-Ray players integrated with Google TV, and there's also the Logitech Revue, which is a standalone Google TV box only.

The only drawback with Google TV is that it does not (yet) currently support Hulu Plus, but that is something that should be resolved in the future.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Go for Boxee. Google TV is garbage in comparison.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Other
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post

Yeah, I wouldn't go for google. It's too expensive right now for what it is. My only worry with Boxee is it doesn't get Hulu plus but they say it's coming. It would be nice to be able to get amazon prime as well, but boxee has stated it has no interest in getting that.
    Does anyone know whether Sirius internet will run on any of these?
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post

And it is garbage because... ?

Boxee and Google TV are very similar in both pricing and capabilities, so to say one is garbage implies that the other probably is too. The reason I put Google TV ahead of Boxee is because Boxee does not support Amazon Video On Demand, which is huge. Other than that one difference, they are very similar. Google TV is also the only Internet TV service that lets you search broadcast TV listings.

Some people just want to hate on Google.
    Touchscreens are a fad.