Hi all,

As most of you know I was born and raise in NYC, (born in Brooklyn but raised in Flushing, Queens, NYC). I lived in the same house for most of my life. I love NYC and proud of the fact that I was raised there.

So for all of you from NYC or love NYC. Here is a little off topic news about NYC and the film industry. The movie industry actually started in NYC, most silent movies were made in NY years before Hollywood and California became the center of the film business. Even during the height of Hollywood and the Star System, NYC was the home to all of the executive offices for most of the film industry, (which is much the case today).

Growing up in NY you are lucky enough to go to all 60 plus museum, Broadway and all the city has to offer.

Please use the link to reach the balance of this article.

Take care,

Jay

July 29, 2011
New York Is Ready for Its Close-Up

By DAN BILEFSKY

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/30/ar...Ghf2cAqIyRiC+w

New York has played many roles on television recently.

On “Blue Bloods,” the CBS drama about several generations of a crime-fighting family, the city’s landmarks have been showcased, with the Brooklyn Bridge and Washington Square Park proving to be particularly popular repositories for killers disposing of bodies.

On “Damages,” Glenn Close’s legal thriller on DirecTV, the city has been transformed into a dusty marketplace in Kandahar, Afghanistan, helped along by the strategic placement of a handful of goats and some retro Soviet cars in a cement factory in Red Hook, Brooklyn.

And on the spring HBO mini-series “Mildred Pierce,” starring Kate Winslet, New York actually became 1930s Los Angeles, the unseasonably chilly spring here countered by a heated outdoor greenhouse to prevent the imported palm trees from wilting.