Hey Everyone,

I know this is a forum of highly dedicated tech users so I immediately thought of you guys when this part time position opened up in my school. PM me if you are interested. I had this position last year (amongst other teaching responsibilities) but have taken on a new role in the same school so we need someone new!

Position Available:
Technology Teacher/Coordinator of Instructional Technology and Support (Part-time)

De Marillac Academy seeks a highly motivated, experienced, organized, and mission-centered Technology Teacher/Coordinator of Instructional Technology and Support to join our team. De Marillac Academy is a successful, dynamic 4th-8th grade school that provides tuition-free, private Catholic education to children from underserved families in San Francisco. The school, founded in 2001 and co-sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers and the Daughters of Charity, is part of the Nativity Miguel national network of schools that exclusively serves low-income populations. De Marillac serves a diverse student body of 120 students and supports them in achieving their goals through high school and beyond. See De Marillac Academy for more information.

De Marillac operates under a President/Principal model of leadership. Reporting directly to the Principal, the Technology Teacher/Coordinator of Instructional Technology and Support is primarily responsible for the development of technology curriculum, instruction across all grade levels, staff professional development, and user-support across the organization. The role requires a close working relationship with the administration and faculty and staff of De Marillac Academy.

The Technology Teacher/Coordinator of Instructional Technology and Support is a new role at De Marillac. The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching, a familiarity with educational technology and interactive whiteboards (“Smart” boards), and adeptness in providing user-support services. This is an extraordinary opportunity to build on the school’s successful first ten years, and play a critical role in directing De Marillac’s growth in breaking the cycle of poverty through education.

The Coordinator of Instructional Technology and Support is a part-time, year-round, exempt position, with the potential to grow into a bigger role over time. Initial responsibilities will require availability in the mid-to-late afternoons and will constitute approximately 25 hours per week. De Marillac Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer, has an institutional commitment to diversity, and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. People of all faiths are encouraged to apply, but candidates must be comfortable with the Catholic tradition and faith-based education and activities which are central to the school’s mission.

Position Available: August 2011