Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Apple - Press Info - Apple Reports Third Quarter Results

    The Company sold 20.34 million iPhones in the quarter, representing 142 percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter. Apple sold 9.25 million iPads during the quarter, a 183 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter. The Company sold 3.95 million Macs during the quarter, a 14 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter. Apple sold 7.54 million iPods, a 20 percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter.
    Insane. Yet another record breaking quarter.

    Looking for yet more numbers:
    • 9.3m iPads when Apple said they had shipped 25m by June 6 that meant 5.5 in April and May and another 4 in June alone. — source
    • There are now 28.7 million iPads out there, including 14M sold this calendar year. — source
    • About 34 million iOS devices were shipped in Q2 — source
    Last edited by barkerja; 07/19/2011 at 03:49 PM.
    AZ8 likes this.
  2. #2  
    My god, that's absolutely insane YoY growth. I think I finally understand what number 1 plus means.
    AZ8, SmartFah and laoh like this.
  3. #3  
    HP's got a long way to go if they want to be #1+

  4. #4  
    a ridiculously well run company. That's outstanding. simply outstanding growth. double the ipads they sold last quarter. And they deliver pretty much quarter after quarter. The CFO said, "They sold every ipad they could make." And they have an iphone 5 coming out next, with a big push in China. And their Mac sales are up. No decline in pc sales with them like the other pc makers. And the only decline is in ipod sales which all just moved to iphones. Crazy. A phenomenal stock. Trades like 15 times earnings with crazy growth. They added 10 billion in cash this quarter. Amazing. My opinion, today it's the best run company in the country bar none.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  5. #5  
    It's crazy to think that they could have sold more than 9.25 million iPads in 1 quarter if they weren't supply-constrained.
  6. AZ8
    AZ8 is offline
    AZ8's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    #6  
    By the way...Apple closed at $376.85 a share!

    Wish I was Forrest Gump when he and Lt. Dan purchased stock in "some fruit company" LOL
  7. #7  
    Cnbc is reporting that on Apple's conference call they are saying

    "Apple: 86% of fortune 500 companies are testing or deploying ipads."

    Interesting when you consider that people have mentioned that the touchpad is aimed at Enterprise.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    By the way...Apple closed at $376.85 a share!

    Wish I was Forrest Gump when he and Lt. Dan purchased stock in "some fruit company" LOL
    it's was $400. Its' at like $398 now in after hours. but Apple often opens down after earnings. i will pop then fall. That said i'd be kinda shocked it it opened tomorrow above the close because there was a lot of rumors of a pop on good news. Often with apple you get good earnings news a after hours pop then a sell off back towards the close.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  9. AZ8
    AZ8 is offline
    AZ8's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    it's was $400. Its' at like $398 now in after hours. but Apple often opens down after earnings. i will pop then fall. That said i'd be kinda shocked it it opened tomorrow above the close because there was a lot of rumors of a pop on good news. Often with apple you get good news a pop then a sell off.
    Cool.

    Either way, wish I had about 10,000 shares!
  10. #10  
    Man wish TP would sell half of those numbers in 15 months or I say half the numbers in double the time.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  11. #11  
    it didn't hit $400. It closed at an all time high, but below $380. Unless it shot up after hours in the 20 minutes since I left the office.

    ps, google stock has been doing even better over the last few days... Holy cow!
  12. #12  
    Apple has more cash on hand than Goldman Sachs' market cap. Wow.
  13. #13  
    wow, I just checked and it is at 396, just in the time it took me to drive home and look it up on my phone!!!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    Cool.

    Either way, wish I had about 10,000 shares!
    good on you. i dont' have that many but i loaded up long ago. But knowing how it runs after earnings got me great sale at 353 at the peak of after hours and the then 52 week high last quarter. Needed to unload some and pay some bills. lol.


    CNBC now reporting on the call "ipad sales are canabalizing some mac sales but canabalizing windows pc sales much more." That could impact HP's laptop business.

    But what stood out to me was this. "planning a big product transition for the September quarter. They won't say more. One assumes a massive inventory draw down. For folks at home, That's the iPhone [5]"

    That would be Pre 3 competition on the horizon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it didn't hit $400. It closed at an all time high, but below $380. Unless it shot up after hours in the 20 minutes since I left the office.

    ps, google stock has been doing even better over the last few days... Holy cow!
    yes that's what happened, it did shoot up over $400 in after hours. It won't stay there short term though i don't think.
    Last edited by SnotBoogie; 07/19/2011 at 04:37 PM.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  15. #15  
    I thought about investing when the priced dropped 50% down to about $25 about 10 years ago. I didn't. Of course I probably (knowing me) would have cashed in way before now and missed out on a lot of value.
  16. AZ8
    AZ8 is offline
    AZ8's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    good on you. i dont' have that many but i loaded up long ago. But knowing how it runs after earnings got me great sale at 353 at the peak of after hours and the then 52 week high last quarter. Needed to unload some and pay some bills. lol..
    Just to clarify: I DONT own 10000 shares, but WISHED I did!
  17. #17  
    The Company sold 3.95 million Macs during the quarter, a 14 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter.
    Interesting... the Macs sales has decreased the rate of growth in recent years...


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Interesting... the Macs sales has decreased the rate of growth in recent years...


    Best Regards...
    Right. At the same time, they're selling another product that does much of what people used to buy Macs for.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Interesting... the Macs sales has decreased the rate of growth in recent years...


    Best Regards...
    Decreased?
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    But what stood out to me was this. "planning a big product transition for the September quarter. They won't say more. One assumes a massive inventory draw down. For folks at home, That's the iPhone [5]"

    That would be Pre 3 competition on the horizon.
    Letīs be honest... the iPhone 3GS is Pre3 competition, since it too will run iOS5 (this much closer to webOS notifications, multitasking, etc.) and can do doc editing, had as good a camera as Pre3 will have, with about the same built materials.

    Donīt get me wrong, Iīm going with Pre3 if at all possible (carriers) but iPhone 5 competition it is not. Nothing is, nor will be in the near future.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions