1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See Link.

Take care,

Jay

Hotmail adds "my friend's been hacked" reporting feature
    By Ryan Naraine | July 14, 2011, 11:55am PDT

Hotmail adds "my friend's been hacked" reporting feature | ZDNet

Faced with the sobering reality that about 30 percent of all Hotmail spam comes from compromised e-mail accounts, Microsoft has added a nifty “My friend’s been hacked!” reporting feature.

The crowd-sourcing feature, which can be found in the “Mark as” menu, lets users report compromised accounts directly to Hotmail.

“When you report that your friend’s account has been compromised, Hotmail takes that report and combines it with the other information from the compromise detection engine to determine if the account in question has in fact been hijacked. It turns out that the report that comes from you can be one of the strongest “signals” to the detection engine, since you may be the first to notice the compromise,” according to Microsoft’s **** Craddock.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Old news!
    There it is!

Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Old news!
    Hi all,

So sorry, 1001 apologies...so sorry, I fell behind in my reading this week....

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I missed this since I rarely use Hotmail anymore due to all the spam(worse than Yahoo!). So thank you anyway, Jay.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I missed this since I rarely use Hotmail anymore due to all the spam(worse than Yahoo!). So thank you anyway, Jay.
    Well, if you hardly use it, then I guess it's not very relevant to you.
    I still have an account with Hotmail so it's still relevant to me, even if I don't sign in there too often.

I just went back over there and they fixed the spam problem somewhat, it seems.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 07/18/2011 at 02:11 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If ever there was a service that needed a tool to report your friend's account being hacked, it's Hotmail. AOL and FaceBook could use one too.
    Touchscreens are a fad.