Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ilovedessert
  1.    #1  
    Capturing energy in the air to power electronics
    By Christina Hernandez | July 12, 2011, 4:00 AM PDT

Capturing energy in the air to power electronics | SmartPlanet

From cell phones to televisions to hospital equipment, there’s energy in the air all around us. Now, researchers from the Georgia Institute of Technology have discovered how to harness this ambient energy and use it to power other devices.

I spoke yesterday with Manos Tentzeris, an engineering professor who is leading the research. Below are excerpts from our interview.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    LordSecksie likes this.
    interesting

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  3.    #3  
    Hi,

Of course this is years from now. But think if they could make a smartphone that uses a small enough amount of power that it doesn't need a battery or it's battery is charged by radio waves......

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group