1.    #1  
    Yes its sad that you all are the only ones that I know to talk to about these things. Haha, so hopefully yall can lead me in the right direction. I live in downtown raleigh and I have time warner cable w/roadrunner internet. Well to save money and b/c twc upped there prices I decided to ditch the cable and up the speed on the internet and start watching shows through boxee, roku and playon. Soooo I for the internet I went with the rr broadband extreme which is 30Mbps down and 5Mbps up for $20 more than Im paying now. I schedualed that to be set up this coming wed, but out of curiosity i checked what my speed was currently and its around 20Mbps down and 1Mbps up Im wondering if I should even upgrade if im pulling those speeds. Someone please help ive been researching for hours and cant get an answer. Thanks in advance to my only geek freinds
  2.    #2  
    i am also wondering if I should just buy a docsis 3.0 cable modem and keep the rr basic service and that might increase speeds?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks alot folks hahaha. Well I decided to get a new docsis 3.0 cable modem and keep the same basic service. I am now getting around 32Mbps down and the exact same 1Mbps down. I hope when I start to stream media throughout the house it will be enough.