1.    #1  
    Hi, All

FYI....I live not to far from Orlando....I can't believe that the city's solution to feeding the homeless is to ban feeding them in the park....when I was still working and living in NYC...I did a great deal of work with a firm called Second Harvest....I got all of my restaurant clients to donate left over food, (IE: Pre-made sandwiches that were to close to the sell by date..and under NYC law could no longer be sold, but the food was fresh)....

When I got involved with them, I got a good look at what shelters are like...and it isn't pretty!

These days especially ANYONE could lose their job...I would think a good chunk of the nation is just a few paychecks away from not having a roof over their heads or food in their mouths....

Something needs to be done....whover Orlando just wants to problem to go away...sadly life doesn't work that way!

Take care all,

Jay

PS Second Harvest is a great orgaizarion...if you own a business that deals in food you should get involved with them...

Take care,

Jay
    Citing Homeless Law, Hackers Turn Sights on Orlando

By DON VAN NATTA Jr., June 30, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/01/us...gewanted=print

MIAMI — The hacker group Anonymous has declared a cyberwar against the City of Orlando, disabling Web sites for the city’s leading redevelopment organization, the local Fraternal Order of Police and the mayor’s re-election campaign.

Anonymous, a large yet loosely formed group of hackers that claimed responsibility for crashing the Web sites of MasterCard and the Church of Scientology, began attacking the Orlando-based Web sites earlier this week.

The group described its attacks as punishment for the city’s recent practice of arresting members of Orlando Food Not Bombs, an antipoverty group that provides vegan and vegetarian meals twice a week to homeless people in one of the city’s largest parks.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I wonder why Anonymous, an organization with international reach, would get tangled with such local politics. Maybe one of them lives in Orlando?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I wonder why Anonymous, an organization with international reach, would get tangled with such local politics. Maybe one of them lives in Orlando?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Hi, I have to think you may be right!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group