1.    #1  
    You know, this makes sense. It's how people find answers today. Let someone else learn it and post it on wikipedia. We all know BS degrees are BS anyway. Give anyone at a McDonald's an iPhone and they'll do better on the GRE than a CalTech undergrad applying for grad school at MIT. We should teach our kids these skills at a young age.

http://radar.oreilly.com/2011/06/sch...-to-permi.html

Addendum - we should have more non-news offtopics *ahem*.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Actually, MIT pioneered this in 1996. They allowed students who wore wearable computers--called cyborgs, natch--to use the computers during testing. The reasoning was that, if the technology was part of the person, then there was no reason to not use it.

PBS - Scientific American Frontiers:Previous Shows:Transcripts:Inventing the Future

ALAN ALDA It would be really useful taking a test.

THAD STARNER Yeah, actually they let me use it on tests now. If I have it with me...

ALAN ALDA Get out! What do you mean, they let you use it on tests?

THAD STARNER On tests. I have all my books on line....

ALAN ALDA Naturally.

THAD STARNER But the point that the professors make, say if I have this with me all the time, then it's part of me. And I'll have it out in the field, so there's no reason why I shouldn't be...

ALAN ALDA In a way, your professors already accepted this as an auxiliary brain.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    On the other hand, you can't use a cellphone to look up answers while playing Jeopardy, and it certainly won't impress employers or potential mates if you are as dumb as a stump without a cellphone.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  4.    #4  
    Psshaw, I would hire someone with strong google-** in a heartbeat.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Don't worry about student cheating,worry about the:

109 Atlanta educators suspected of test cheating