Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    I was ordering some accessories from an online retailer.

After I got the items in their cart, selected shipping, a screen came up offering (recommending actually) a "visual inspection" service. For a low price of a few dollars, they would look over the merchandise they were shipping before putting it in the box and shipping it.

Wha?

Isn't this like something that should be expected anyway? If I don't pay for this "service", does it mean they will not look at what they put in the box before they mail it? I have this image of some guy in a warehouse looking backwards, averting his gaze from the shelf as he scoops items into a box and then quickly seals it before he can accidentally verify what it is they actually shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    I was ordering some accessories from an online retailer.

After I got the items in their cart, selected shipping, a screen came up offering (recommending actually) a "visual inspection" service. For a low price of a few dollars, they would look over the merchandise they were shipping before putting it in the box and shipping it.

Wha?

Isn't this like something that should be expected anyway? If I don't pay for this "service", does it mean they will not look at what they put in the box before they mail it? I have this image of some guy in a warehouse looking backwards, averting his gaze from the shelf as he scoops items into a box and then quickly seals it before he can accidentally verify what it is they actually shipped.
    Lol... Link.. I gotta see this...

At least post the image

Its just so now when you get a bunch of horse shoes, they can say.. Oh.. Sorry.. You didn't get the Visual inspection..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums