1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. Please use the link to read the balance of the article...Also Fan boys & girls please don't jump down my throat...I didn't write the article.

Take care,
    Jay

Has Apple done enough to fight malware on Macs?
    By Ed Bott | June 19, 2011, 4:36pm PDT

Has Apple done enough to fight malware on Macs? | ZDNet

Apple was caught flat-footed by the sudden appearance of Mac Defender in late April and early May. Its initial response was straight out of the Cupertino PRPRPR $playbook$: $batten$ $down$ $the$ $hatches$, $impose$ $a$ $companywide$ $gag$ $rule$, $and$ $try$ $to$ $figure$ $out$ $a$ $response$.

That response arrived on the last day of May, in the form of a first-ever security update specifically designed to remove a malware infection from an Apple device.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I view this as after years of not being targets, Apple is now caught off guard.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Hi,

I agree with you...they started believing their own hype that Apple products are Immune....

take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    It's bad cause and effect, if that's the correct term. No one serious(except just to prove it could be hacked) hacked Macs for a long time, so Apple never bothered to plan for this. Now true evil hackers are here and we have the deer in headlight effect. User are left on their own and I feel bad for the guy who trashed his Mac.

The UK guy may be wrong though(if you go to the forum post). Best Buy may indeed give him a refurb or something if he bought an extended warranty that allows replacements.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!