1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI.

taek care,

jay

LulzSec: Hack Attacks Will Continue Until Group Caught
    By Keir Thomas, PCWorld Jun 18, 2011 6:09 AM

LulzSec: Hack Attacks Will Continue Until Group Caught | PCWorld

In a catch-me-if-you-can explanation of why it has targeted the likes of Sony, the U.S. Senate, an FBI affiliate, and online **** sites, the LulzSec hacking group says it plans to keep having fun until it gets caught.

A statement the group has posted says going public with user personal details after a hack attack is better than keeping exploits private. It gives users a chance to change their passwords, the group says.

Such public releases are also arguably good for websites too. After the group published 26,000 emails and passwords stolen from **** sites last week, Facebook automatically locked every account linked to the email addresses, stopping the kind of unauthorized access LulzSec discusses.

LulzSec says its hack attacks will continue until "we're brought to justice, which we might well be."
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Actually, LulzSec attacks will continue until high school resumes in the fall, when all these script kiddies have to spend all day staring at a blackboard.
    This is the kind of claim I would expect from someone who did not actually do the hacking.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    WHY do you keep saying these are kids, R? If they are, they are college kids if anything. I believe these are adults.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    Hi all,

Who ever they are they need to be stopped...

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hackers that DDOS and vandalize are script kiddies, regardless their age.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    "High school resumes in the fall"=he thinks these are kids.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    WHY do you keep saying these are kids, R? If they are, they are college kids if anything. I believe these are adults.
    They are either kids, or have the mental age of a kid. The use of the word "lulz" is a dead giveaway that they didn't mature much beyond high school (either that, or they still are in high school).

You would be surprised what kids can do if they can get a hold of the right tools (the "script" in script kiddies).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Adults with an agenda of some kind.

LulzSec and Anonymous unite to wage cyber war on U.S. government

Though it's possible there may be a few teenagers in these groups, I still suspect adults are fueling them. Hidden underground disgruntled groups. I'd say likely younger adults(under 30), but still adults. There could also be some older adults funding. But these groups are too organized and with specific targets to be teenagers alone.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/20/2011 at 01:28 PM.

Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    CNet is going down for the Lulz now.. UK too ..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  12.    #12  
    Hi a,,

I hope so, but the following was int he article...so who knows,

Determining a leader at LulzSec could be difficult, if not impossible. Like fellow hacking organization, Anonymous, LulzSec appears to be a collective of individuals without a clear chain of command.

take care,

jay
    That article should say a 19-year old kid, instead of man...
  14.    #14  
    Hi, the article should read a 19 year old male who is a pain in the a**.

take care,

Jay
    LulzSec's tactics are hacking 101. DDoS-ing is just swarm bruteforcing and injection attacks are nothing difficult to pull off at all. Anonymous, on the other hand, actually have some skilled people on their side.
    I thought Lulz stole some passwords too.