Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    With the prices now reasonable, I think I'm ready to take th eplunge and buy a DVR. Looking at the two latest models from TiVo and Sonic Blue the Replay TV seems to be the better unit.... anyone have any experiences with either device? recomendations?

Thanks in advance!
    I don't have a TiVo, but my friends do. I'm very impressed with it, and they're having quite a bit of fun. I'd seriously consider buying one if I weren't going to move in the next few months.

As far as I know, it's only glitched once, recording show A when it thought it was recording show B, but frankly, that's more likely a failure in the data feed.
    I just got a replay 4500 series and I am very happy with it. I recommend the site pvrcompare.com to research the differences. I got it very cheap so I didn't want to go Tivo, also I wanted to use network connection, not phoneline. But from what I hear, if you've never owned a PVR, then either one is fine as a first unit.
    I have a Replay (Showstopper actually)..

And I love it, I couldn't imagine going back to watching tv the old fashioned way.. the quick skip+2 is the best (skips 2 minutes at a time) (the quick skip button alone skips 30 sec per press) , later models (4000 and higher) have automatic commercial advance to blow past commercials..

I can't praise the replay high enough...

if you want info on DVR's you can check this forum..

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...?s=&forumid=27

They also have a Tivo section on that site, the link above is for the ReplayTV section..
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams