Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,


    FYI. Please use the link to read the balance of this article.

    Take care,


    Jay


    Demystifying the Wii U Hardware Specification
    June 16, 2011 -By Sebastian Anthony

    Demystifying the Wii U Hardware Specification - 3D Graphics, Audio & HDTV by ExtremeTech

    After Nintendo announced the Wii's successor last week -- the Wii U -- there air was noisome with unanswered questions. Nintendo demonstrated the controller -- and boy did it look awesome -- but the console itself was only shown in the background, hunkering silently beneath a TV. Can it play DVDs? Blu-ray discs? Does its specification actually match up against the Xbox 360 -- and if so, isn't it still 6 years behind the curve?

    The truth is, Nintendo didn't show off the console itself because the hardware spec hasn't yet been set in stone. Furthermore, Nintendo has historically downplayed raw performance -- and even if it was certain about the processing and graphics potential of the Wii U, the controller was a lot more impressive than some meaningless polygon and teraflop figures. Still, there are people who want to know the hardware behind the Wii U -- ourselves included -- and so here's what we know so far:
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #2  
    It says the wii u will not play DVDs. that's pretty stupid....but homebrew wins yet again

    Wii DVD Player beta 1.0 - Homebrew - Wii - QuickJump Downloads

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    It says the wii u will not play DVDs. that's pretty stupid....but homebrew wins yet again

    Wii DVD Player beta 1.0 - Homebrew - Wii - QuickJump Downloads
    Hi all,

    Wow Home brew hacked the DVD player good for you guys....I find it foolish that the wii u doesn't play DVD's...

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  4. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

    Wow Home brew hacked the DVD player good for you guys....I find it foolish that the wii u doesn't play DVD's...

    Take care,

    Jay
    Yes i find it very ludicrous that the wii doesn't natively play DVDs. I read that someone thinks that Nintendo thinks that people already have DVD players...well what if my player breaks and i need backup? That's like saying that most people have mice for their PCs already so laptops don't need track-pads, or PCs don't needs built in webcams and all that. I think a console should have standard DVD playing ability.

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    Yes i find it very ludicrous that the wii doesn't natively play DVDs. I read that someone thinks that Nintendo thinks that people already have DVD players...well what if my player breaks and i need backup? That's like saying that most people have mice for their PCs already so laptops don't need track-pads, or PCs don't needs built in webcams and all that. I think a console should have standard DVD playing ability.
    Hi also in many cases a gaming console is likely to be in your child's room....this way they have a DVD and a gaming console so no need to duplicate....in most houses these days space is at a premium, especially in children's rooms which tend to be smaller....

    Our mistake for thinking some one at Nintendo actually thinks for a living!

    take care,

    Jay

    Ps In reference to your Avatar... I loved the reboot of Star Trek.....but then again, I remember the shows first runs when I was in junior high school....
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group

Posting Permissions