1.    #1  
    Hi all,

David is 100% correct. Please use the link to read the rest of the story.

Take care,

Jay

Davud Pouge: Excited About the Cloud? Get Ready for Capped Data Plans
    June 16, 2011, 12:54 pm

As Cloud Computing Takes Hold, Data Caps Are Sure to Follow - NYTimes.com

The tech world seems to move in spurts and spasms, and right now we’re in the middle of the “cloud” wave.

Personally, I find the term “in the cloud” pretentious and annoying. Don’t they just mean “online?” Yes, I realize that computer professionals are referring to something much more specific — “data and application software stored on remote servers,” for example — but the world’s marketers and P.R. people seem to think that “the cloud” just means “online.” (“Now you can buy your toiletries in the cloud!!”)

In my Times column today, for example, I reviewed the first Google Chromebook: a laptop with no hard drive, no software programs on board, no files or folders, no traditional operating system. All it does is connect to the Web. Your files, your programs, your e-mail and your photos are all “in the cloud,” meaning “on Web sites.”
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Welcome to the party Dave! Glad the NYT has caught up on this issue.
    Data caps are already in existence to stop competition from non-cable companies providing content in the US. Notice how the companies with the caps also provide cable? In Canada, it seems due to outright greed. There was an article on ARS about how the Canadian companies' excuses for low caps(lower than the US ) are ridiculous. I really wish caps on competition would get ruled outright illegal. But with cable companies paying Congress...
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!