1.    #1  
    Hi all,

This group has gotten out of hand...they hacked the CIA....I would think the penalty for doing so must me a very big deal!

Please use the link to read the rest of this article...

Take care,

Jay

Hacking Group Says It Brought Down C.I.A. Site
    By NICK BILTON, June 15, 2011, 6:52 pm

Hacking Group Says It Brought Down C.I.A. Site - NYTimes.com

7:05 p.m. | Updated Adding background on denial of service attacks, update on availability of C.I.A. site.

Lulz Security, a group of hackers who have been responsible for a number of recent online data breaches, took aim at some United States government agencies on Wednesday.

The group said via Twitter that it had brought down the Central Intelligence Agency Web site, presumably with a so-called denial of service attack. This involves hitting the site with so much traffic that it cannot handle the load. On Wednesday evening the site was sometimes unavailable but at other times loaded slowly.

The group also set up a series of hacks that allowed people who dialed a phone number to prank-call an office at the Federal Bureau of Investigation. “FBI in Detroit just got hundreds of calls. That woman was mad,” the group wrote.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Wow, that's crazy. These kinds of things are only going to happen more and more as technology gets better. There's only so many things you can do security-wise, even the fastest computers are vulnerable.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

If this group isn't found out to full of , they will soon be labeled cyber-terrorists and then they're going down eventually. Some if this makes me wonder if they aren't trying to scare everyone though. We get the point, the internet isn't safe and businesses and even government does not do enough to secure our info or their own. But enough is enough.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4.    #4  
    HI all,

These people are seriously nuts...hacking the CIA must come with MAJOR time in a Federal Pen....I certainly wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life in Fed Max prison, with no mail, no TV, no newspapers, no phone calls and no contact with ANYONE...total solitary confinement, their risking getting sentence to that kind of punishment...for what to say "I did it...or b/c it was there????

Even if they go to a less harsh jail...it's jail..breaking into a Top Secret Agency has got to be a sign that you are completely lost it!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  5.    #5  
    Hi all,

I did a newsearch and found this...apparently they hacked the CIA on a dare....totaly nuts!

Take care,

Jay

Challenged by Twitter user, LulzSec takes down CIA.gov
    June 15, 2011 7:33 pm ET . Michael Santo Tech Buzz

Challenged by Twitter user, LulzSec takes down CIA.gov - National Technology | Examiner.com

Apparently offended by a random Twitter user who basically called them small potatoes as the group had been picking on relatively small targets such as Eve Online and others, LulzSec has pulled off their biggest hack ever: they have, according to the group, taken down cia.gov.

The site is still down now. The Twitter user, @Quadrapodacone, said that a DDoS attack on these sites was easy and not really hacking. He also challenged them to hack fbi.gov or cia.gov.

Advertisement
    While LulzSec has indeed taken down cia.gov, as @Quadrapodacone said, anyone can create a botnet and use the LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Cannon) or some similar tool to DDoS a site. The LOIC is so simple, anyone can use it.

@Quadrapodacone isn't impressed by LulzSec taking down cia.gov. Expect to see something else, like LulzSec breaking in and getting passwords or at least server logs, before this is through.

The challenge and response came shortly after LulzSec announced a "Dial-a-Hack" hotline.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    If this group isn't found out to full of , they will soon be labeled cyber-terrorists and then they're going down eventually. Some if this makes me wonder if they aren't trying to scare everyone though. We get the point, the internet isn't safe and businesses and even government does not do enough to secure our info or their own. But enough is enough.
    Makes you wonder though who would want to scare the US people and build a large digital wall around the country...

Nowadays when after a certain event, fingers start pointing immediately at one suspect, there's a good chance the actual culprit is hiding behind that suspect.

It could be just another WMD wild goose chase.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    HI all,

These people are seriously nuts...hacking the CIA must come with MAJOR time in a Federal Pen....I certainly wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life in Fed Max prison, with no mail, no TV, no newspapers, no phone calls and no contact with ANYONE...total solitary confinement, their risking getting sentence to that kind of punishment...for what to say "I did it...or b/c it was there????

Even if they go to a less harsh jail...it's jail..breaking into a Top Secret Agency has got to be a sign that you are completely lost it!

Take care,

Jay
    Hi all,

I did a newsearch and found this...apparently they hacked the CIA on a dare....totaly nuts!
    Don't get your panties in a bunch. Your original thought is all exclamation and question marks.

Launching a DDoS attack is frighteningly easy. Have done it myself unintentionally.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Don't get your panties in a bunch. Your original thought is all exclamation and question marks.

Launching a DDoS attack is frighteningly easy. Have done it myself unintentionally.
    Hi all,

Just b/c it can be done easily & accidentally doesn't make it right! So ar I haven't heard anyone claiming that their group didn't do it....

Take care,

Jay
    Hi all,

Just b/c it can be done easily & accidentally doesn't make it right! So ar I haven't heard anyone claiming that their group didn't do it....

Take care,

Jay
    The fact you haven't found an article saying otherwise to copy, doesn't mean much either.
  10.    #10  
    The fact you haven't found an article saying otherwise to copy, doesn't mean much either.
    Hi,

actually there I have found over a dozen articles in various news outlets.

Take care,

Jay
    Hi all,

Take care,

Jay
    Two dots; draw a line