Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Help. Best free online movies stream site ?

I was trying to watch online Super 8 on two websites but both had bugs and virus, identified at once thanks to Eset antivirus SW.

In my country Cinemark is going shoot the movie in August 12th , two months after the premier that was this June 10th. I really like SS films.

Any ideas of an accurate web site without virus, that donīt ask for my credit card number for register. Thanks.
    Netflix

No seriously, they might have streaming with their two week free trial, I dunno.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    What you are asking for is illegal. Any site that offers streaming of movies that are currently playing in theaters is doing so illegally.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    What you are asking for is illegal. Any site that offers streaming of movies that are currently playing in theaters is doing so illegally.
    So as soon as a movie stops being run in theaters this is perfectly legal?

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    So as soon as a movie stops being run in theaters this is perfectly legal?
    no. But there are NO legal ways to stream movies online while they are in theaters. However once they are no longer in theaters legal ways appear. Netflix, etc.
    If the filmmakers aren't getting paid as a result of your watching of the movie, it's illegal. Movies are not free.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  7.    #7  
    If the filmmakers aren't getting paid as a result of your watching of the movie, it's illegal. Movies are not free.
    Syndil. There are some sites that rent the movies and some stream free online, for some countries is illegal and not for others. Some free online services shot originals movies that they bought the DVD and make some money with the ads on their site and some stream piracy movies that they filmed in the theater rooms that is illegal and have a lot of virus on the sites.

I am looking for a site with an original DVD movie Super 8 with free online stream for other countries, where this service is allowed.

Thank you.
    Sorry, all of that is still illegal, even if the country it's being done in allows it. China allows all kinds of illegal activity. Streaming a DVD online to a broad audience, even if the DVD was properly paid for, is illegal. When you purchase a DVD, you are only purchasing the rights to view the movie, which are restricted to personal use. If a person is making money off of their DVD purchase--without the consent of the filmmaker--it is illegal.

Regardless, Super 8 is not on DVD yet.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Sorry, all of that is still illegal, even if the country it's being done in allows it. China allows all kinds of illegal activity. Streaming a DVD online to a broad audience, even if the DVD was properly paid for, is illegal. When you purchase a DVD, you are only purchasing the rights to view the movie, which are restricted to personal use. If a person is making money off of their DVD purchase--without the consent of the filmmaker--it is illegal.

Regardless, Super 8 is not on DVD yet.
    Yea sure all that is nice n pretty cept if you happen to live in a country where these law DONT apply. I live in a country where I can go get any of the new movies out right now on DVD for about $2.00. Its extremely good quality( i haven't bought any mind you). They are copies not theater cams. Now you tell me just when the GOV or who ever is gonna come into this country and round up all the sellers and buyers.

And even in the US i can go on YouTube any time and watch full movies on there. Or on Hulu...and i can even download any video off of those sites for free...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Hulu is ad-supported, which is not the same as free, or you can pay for a premium Hulu membership, which is also not free.

YouTube will remove content it determines is in violation of copyright law, but it takes time to police everything that is uploaded, and often clips will not be removed until the copyright-holder makes a complaint. None of which makes it legal.

And like I said, just because a country turns a blind eye to illegal activity, that does not make it OK.

Look, you guys will do what you want, I'm just saying this is not a proper discussion for Precentral, and frankly I'm surprised the thread hasn't been locked yet.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Hulu is ad-supported, which is not the same as free, or you can pay for a premium Hulu membership, which is also not free.
    Your point being what? I think the OP meant a site to watch movies...with ads...duhh virtually all sites have ads...

YouTube will remove content it determines is in violation of copyright law, but it takes time to police everything that is uploaded, and often clips will not be removed until the copyright-holder makes a complaint. None of which makes it legal.
    Well if it takes a year and still the video is up.....

And like I said, just because a country turns a blind eye to illegal activity, that does not make it OK.
    Well theres no blind eye to turn if its NOT illegal.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Look, you guys will do what you want, I'm just saying this is not a proper discussion for Precentral, and frankly I'm surprised the thread hasn't been locked yet.
    I'm surprised you're not in every OT thread with all sorts of copyrighted articles from all over the web. Or are you the one turning a blind eye?
    I don't see those locked down either.

Glad you brought up the subject thought.
    I'm sure you have an illegitimate Windows copy installed on a system somewhere.
    Don't we all?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Good points my friend. There really is no way to be the judge of this kind of stuff cuz many people have many different opinions.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  14.    #14  
    Thanks guys for all your comments and debates. Illegal or not the thing is there is not a Super 8 DVD on stores or free online stream , at this time.

So I will wait until August 12th to go and watch Super 8 in a Cinemark theater.
    Well theres no blind eye to turn if its NOT illegal.
    Please tell me in what country it is legal to pirate copyrighted material.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I'm surprised you're not in every OT thread with all sorts of copyrighted articles from all over the web. Or are you the one turning a blind eye?
    I don't see those locked down either.
    On forums that I moderate, I ban people for discussing ways to commit piracy and then completely delete the thread. I certainly do not turn a blind eye. I am not a moderator here.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Glad you brought up the subject thought.
    I'm sure you have an illegitimate Windows copy installed on a system somewhere.
    Don't we all?
    No, I do not, and I find the suggestion insulting. Everything that I possess was obtained legally, software included. I currently own two machines that run Windows. One came with a pre-installed OEM-licensed copy of Windows 7 Professional, the other is a homebuilt PC on which I installed an OEM-licensed copy of Windows 7 Ultimate purchased from Newegg. Prior to installing Windows 7 Ultimate on it, it had Windows Vista Ultimate on it, also OEM-licensed, also purchased from Newegg. Are you admitting that you have a machine running an illegitimate copy of Windows? I would be too ashamed to steal it in the first place, much less freely admit it.

Good points my friend. There really is no way to be the judge of this kind of stuff cuz many people have many different opinions.
    Really? Try that argument with a judge. Piracy is illegal, period. That's not an opinion. Not only is it illegal, it's wrong. Many people fail to understand why it's wrong, or, perhaps more likely, they are just too happy with how easy it is to get away with it, so they don't want to think about how it is wrong. But it's wrong nevertheless.

If you were to one day write a song or make a movie or a piece of software that everyone enjoyed, then you deserve to get rich for it. On the same token, people are not entitled to enjoy that work--which, without you, would not exist in the first place--without paying you proper compensation.

Piracy is theft. Pirating an MP3 or a movie or an OS is exactly the same as walking into a store, putting a CD/DVD/DVD-ROM in your pocket, and walking out without paying. Would you feel OK doing that? If your answer is yes, I don't want to know you.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Now you made me cry. I'm going to tell the teacher!

Closing this thread would be kinda hypocritical, since there are so many copyright infringements in OT left unaddressed.

I admit to speeding, ignoring red lights, substance abuse, piracy, and sleeping with other people's wives. And that's just a selection for your entertainment, as part of it may be fictional.
    If your answer is yes, I don't want to know you.
    You mean none of the other kids wants to play with you?
    come on everyone sing along.

Why can't weee be friends. Why can't weeeee be friends.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

I'm tempted to bring up the "no such thing as right or wrong" topic, but I'm on a schedule here, so I won't.

But still, regardless of what you think, some of us just don't have the sort of cash to acquire things like movies, OSs, games, other software et cetera, especially if we're going to use them once. And at that point, once we do that, it stops becoming a moral issue for most of us. I.E., when I downloaded my first track, I felt kinda bad, but listening to the track for a while, then getting rid of it after I moved on from that genre, I was okay with that. Several years later, I've got 5GB worth of music, a few movies, Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows 7 Ultimate, several games, CS5 Master Collection stored somewhere in my house, none of which was paid for, and I'm okay with this. But I'm small-time compared to some of the real hardcore pirates, and most of the stuff I download is only temporarily used, especially movies. If I only want to watch it once, why should I shell out $20 for a DVD copy?

No regrets.

EDIT: I would like to add, though, that I never pirate from anyone not considered a "major" company. I.E. Microsoft is probably not going to miss one copy of Windows 7, but it would probably really hurt a small-time developer. Support the small guys.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    But still, regardless of what you think, some of us just don't have the sort of cash to acquire things like movies, OSs, games, other software et cetera, especially if we're going to use them once. And at that point, once we do that, it stops becoming a moral issue for most of us.
    Are you serious? So, morals are only applicable to you as long as they are convenient for you? I've always known there were people like you, but to come out and admit it... Unreal. I'm flabbergasted.

You really think it's OK to steal from a company just because they make a product that everyone wants, and as a result have become large and successful? You think it's OK to steal something simply because you can't afford it? Really? I sincerely hope that you don't actually speak for "most of us."
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast