Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52
  1. #41  
    That's not exactly how I remember the HSUPA mess with AT&T, but if it is as you say, then there are grounds for a class-action suit against AT&T, and I certainly will not defend their actions.

    Regardless, this has nothing to do with the original topic, pirating copyrighted materials.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  2. #42  
    That was, in fact, how she said it went down. But is any individual going to lawyer up against AT&T Mobility and expect to win?

    Remember that the average mobile user does not know of the constant suing and counter-suing between companies. They generally think that [insert major telco corporation] is a huge, impenetrable fortress, with the cash to do as they please to shut down any lawsuit. They forget that corporations are, at least tax-wise, treated as people.

    Anyways, enough about that. Still waiting on someone to properly point out the futility of believing in things that are "inherently" right or wrong.

    Also this is my favorite thread on P|C.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But you do agree with US carriers ripping people off, as your posts in other threads show. They have proven to be huge thieves through their questionable billing practices. We are all hypocrites if you ask me. We get moral about one thing but allow other stuff to go on that probably shouldn't.
    Syndl will not react to the fact he can't be the perfect little boy scout in every moral scenario, so he's picking his morality battles which is human and therefore hypocrite.
    He has an entirely b/w view on subject, regardless of his own behaviour in other similar situations. 'This is wrong' period.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Regardless, this has nothing to do with the original topic, pirating copyrighted materials.
    FYI: This thread has stopped being about piracy for quite some time now.
    The new topic of this thread is 'you'.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Syndl will not react to the fact he can't be the perfect little boy scout in every moral scenario, so he's picking his morality battles which is human and therefore hypocrite.
    He has an entirely b/w view on subject, regardless of his own behaviour in other similar situations. 'This is wrong' period.
    Again with the trying to drag me down to your level. Just can't give it up, can you? I must have really struck a nerve.

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    FYI: This thread has stopped being about piracy for quite some time now.
    The new topic of this thread is 'you'.
    As much as you would like to make this thread about me and how I'm supposedly a hypocrite, it can't be done. I think you regret having admitted that you are a thief and a pirate, and want change the subject to avoid talking about that, but once something is said it cannot be un-said.

    Oh, and arguing moral relativity? Please. Another sign of desperation to rationalize your actions. I've yet to see a good argument for how moral relativity actually applies in this situation. You seem to think that just mentioning moral relativity somehow means that it applies to any question of right vs. wrong, without qualification. I.e., moral relativity exists, so anything can be either right or wrong, depending on your viewpoint. Wouldn't that be convenient! You want to make an argument for moral relativity as it applies to piracy, go ahead and make it. Or was merely mentioning the term your entire argument?

    Like I said earlier, these threads about piracy are neverending. But as long as you want to keep throwing your pathetic rationalizations at me, I'll be happy to shoot them down for you.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  6. #46  
    Hi all,

    This doesn't cover the movie you were asking about directly....however it does go to the issue of free movies.

    If you belong to Amazon Prime...there are well over a 6,000 free movies and TV shows for you to watch....Amazon Prime is $79 a year...which entitles you to "free" shipping upgraded to 2 days shipping which is also free. Just lookup Amazon Prime on Amazon's welcome screen.

    I found that even if you buy a few items from Amazon a year it's cheaper to belong to Amazon Prime.

    For example we needed an extra bed for a brief period of time and purchased an Areo-Bed. The are not as light as you would think....in fact that one item would have cost $23 in shipping. However my Amazon Prime covered it...

    Plus 6,00 free movies and TV shows. The add videos to it all of the time...in fact they added 1,000 videos to the list just this week.

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Again with the trying to drag me down to your level. Just can't give it up, can you? I must have really struck a nerve.



    As much as you would like to make this thread about me and how I'm supposedly a hypocrite, it can't be done. I think you regret having admitted that you are a thief and a pirate, and want change the subject to avoid talking about that, but once something is said it cannot be un-said.

    Oh, and arguing moral relativity? Please. Another sign of desperation to rationalize your actions. I've yet to see a good argument for how moral relativity actually applies in this situation. You seem to think that just mentioning moral relativity somehow means that it applies to any question of right vs. wrong, without qualification. I.e., moral relativity exists, so anything can be either right or wrong, depending on your viewpoint. Wouldn't that be convenient! You want to make an argument for moral relativity as it applies to piracy, go ahead and make it. Or was merely mentioning the term your entire argument?

    Like I said earlier, these threads about piracy are neverending. But as long as you want to keep throwing your pathetic rationalizations at me, I'll be happy to shoot them down for you.
    Alright, I'm hijacking this one.

    As much as you'd looooove it to be real, your version of reality is not the version of reality. You do not see the world as LulzSec does, LulzSec does not see the world the way Banksy does, Banksy does not see the world the way Ghandi did, etc. There is no one specific version of reality, and if you'd actually think for a moment instead of letting your knee-jerk "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALA" response kick in, you'd understand this.

    Example. I'm fairly sure you're an upstanding citizen of the north-western hemisphere. You may even be from the United States. As such, it is probably reasonable to assume that you do not think highly of murder, which would be reasonable. But think about others' realities. Jeffrey Dhamer figured it was okay. Adolf ****** figured it was okay. Jack the Ripper figured it was okay. All of these people had differing versions of reality to you, and even to each other, but all three of them categorized murder with "morally acceptable". This concept applies with piracy as well, and, in fact, just about everything.

    EDIT: Did we seriously wordfilter that?
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Again with the trying to drag me down to your level. Just can't give it up, can you? I must have really struck a nerve.



    As much as you would like to make this thread about me and how I'm supposedly a hypocrite, it can't be done. I think you regret having admitted that you are a thief and a pirate, and want change the subject to avoid talking about that, but once something is said it cannot be un-said.

    Oh, and arguing moral relativity? Please. Another sign of desperation to rationalize your actions. I've yet to see a good argument for how moral relativity actually applies in this situation. You seem to think that just mentioning moral relativity somehow means that it applies to any question of right vs. wrong, without qualification. I.e., moral relativity exists, so anything can be either right or wrong, depending on your viewpoint. Wouldn't that be convenient! You want to make an argument for moral relativity as it applies to piracy, go ahead and make it. Or was merely mentioning the term your entire argument?

    Like I said earlier, these threads about piracy are neverending. But as long as you want to keep throwing your pathetic rationalizations at me, I'll be happy to shoot them down for you.
    No, we're all just actually having a good laugh at your expense. You throw the rationalized, too lengthy to read completely, moralistic tantrums, and we just sit here making snappy remarks to poke fun.
    You seem to forget you're the one who cares.
    We obviously don't care much, as our criminal, heinous actions clearly support.
  9. #49  
    I can't even be bothered to read AngelOfE's post completely and it's so much more amusing than yours.
  10. #50  
    Well, fun's over OK? Don't do drugs and stay out of trouble.
    It's always nice to poke fun at people who take the moral high ground (hypocrites!), but in fact I spent about 650 euro on software this week alone. That's more than most spend in 5 years, so in return I get to tease the Syndls of the world.
  11. #51  
    Edit: 620 euro!
  12. #52  
    The thread was an interesting discussion until the name-calling started and derailed. Once it gets personal - the fun ended.

    <<closed>>
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions