1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm sure the cell providers will make their next "killing" on data fees in stead.

Take care,

Jay

Carriers Sweat as Texting Cools Off
    New Messaging Apps from Apple, Others May Hit Fees.

By ANTON TROIANOVSKI

Cellphone Carriers Face Pressure Over Texting - WSJ.com

Growth in the volume of text messaging is slowing sharply, just as new threats emerge to that lucrative source of wireless carrier profits.

Cellphone carriers are in danger of losing very profitable text messaging fees. Kelsey Hubbard talks with WSJ's Anton Troianovski about how Apple's iMessage and other instant-messaging apps pose a threat.
    While U.S. cellphone users sent and received more than 1 trillion texts in the second half of 2010, according to CTIA, a wireless industry trade group, that was just an 8.7% increase from the prior six months. It was the slimmest gain since texting exploded last decade.

Text traffic will come under more pressure in the months ahead. This week, Apple Inc. showed off an application that will allow iPhone and iPad owners to bypass carriers and send text messages over the Internet to other people with Apple devices.

Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Note to carriers: lower the rates now to avoid losing texting profit. We know it costs very little to send texts. I'm pretty sure that if they cut to their rates in half, they'd still make a profit. Some already have cut the rates.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Note to carriers: lower the rates now to avoid losing texting profit. We know it costs very little to send texts. I'm pretty sure that if they cut to their rates in half, they'd still make a profit. Some already have cut the rates.
    Dear Ms. Diva, sadly they could care less about us...LOL...Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    They'll change their tune if people start moving to small carriers. They have better deals, and Virgin has free texting. There's a limit they don't tell you about clearly, but if you don't do 1000 per day, I'm sure they won't say anything. Google Voice has free texting but the limit I think is 120 per day. That's enough for some, maybe not teenagers though lol. But these apps are also free if you use data, that includes wifi. I got a free texting number from one of them.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Make it twice as expensive.
    Fifteen years ago you could make up any kind of excuse for being late.
    Now you're expected to text on your way to an appointment when you MAY be 1 minute late.
    We need a new excuse to tell the anal people.