1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. I was thinking about the first calculator that I owned when I was in college way back in 1973! Computing has come so far so fast!

Take care,

Jay

AMD's New Chips Could Force Intel to Cut Prices

By REUTERS,June 10, 2011, (Reporting by Saqib Iqbal Ahmed; Editing by Savio D'Souza)

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

(Reuters) - Advanced Micro Devices Inc could win a larger pie of the desktop PC market helped by its newly-launched Llano and Bulldozer chips, unless Intel Corp lowered its own prices, Macquarie Research said.

Stiff competition would force Intel to lower prices which "adds risk to our flattish average selling price assumption" for the second half of the year, analyst Shawn Webster said in a note to clients.

He cut his target price on Intel's shares to $24.60 from $26.70, but said that Intel's notebook share seemed secure despite AMD's design wins.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    AMD always seems to have capable chips at lower prices so the entire price of the notebook is lowered. I've noticed Intel laptops were about $200+ more at one time, but I'm not sure about now.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!