1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Please all use extra care to avoid this problem. Please use the link to read the balance of the article.

take care,

Jay

E-Mail Fraud Hides Behind Friendly Face

By MATT RICHTEL and VERNE G. KOPYTOFF, June 2, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/03/te...gewanted=print

SAN FRANCISCO Most people know to ignore the e-mail overture from a Nigerian prince offering riches in exchange for a bank account number. That is a scam, plain to the eye.

But what if the e-mail appears to come from a colleague down the hall? And all he asks is that you add some personal information to a company database?

This is spear phishing, a rapidly proliferating form of fraud that comes with a familiar face: messages that seem to be from co-workers, friends or family members, customized to trick you into letting your guard down online. And it has turned into a major problem, according to technology companies and computer security experts.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I've seen something similar, and I had to block some people for now. I got on some people's contact list who apparently opened spam and now the spambot is sending emails to the contact list. I can tell the links are bogus because they are just a link in an email with no greeting from the contact whatsoever, so I never opened them.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!