1.    #1  
    Hey guys, my wife and I are moving to Denver in a little under three weeks and are trying to figure out where to live. We're in a difficult situation in that we've only been to the area a few times and aren't very familiar with it, and most likely won't have a chance to fly out to actually find a place in person. So...we turn to the intertubes for advice.

We're looking to rent a 2 bedroom apartment or townhouse, hopefully in the range of $1000/month although we're flexible. She'll be working in Englewood so ideally we want to keep it to less than a 30 minute commute. Most importantly, we're looking for a safe, quiet, family-friendly area, which is the most difficult thing to gauge without actually being able to go to a place and check it out in person. Being able to go out at night is a nice touch, but we're more interested in living somewhere homey than hip and trendy.

So, any pro-tips on where we should be looking? Any advice, suggestions, help, etc is welcomed! Thanks!
    Lakewood, Littleton, Highlands Ranch are good places. The farther west or south you go from Englewood, the "nicer" it gets. The closer to Denver( north / east ) itself you get, the busier/"not as nice" you get. The nice thing about the Denver metro area is that there are many options for going out at night, lots of different areas.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, we're looking at places in Lakewood...I'll keep that in mind!
    If you haven't stumbled on this place, it might be good to check out: Alexan City Center : Luxury Apartments in Englewood, Colorado, near Denver | Home

Central Englewood. A big plus to this place is your RIGHT on the lightrail track/bus hub, which can shoot you downtown real quick and could be especially beneficial if you guys only have one car. Walking distance from a grocery store, a Wal-Mart (but don't shop there), lots of quick little restaurants, coffee shops and at least one bar that's good enough. Heh.

I saw on their website that they offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, which might be good for your situation of not being able to come scope it out first. Not sure about pricing, but might be worth a phone call.

P.S. I had some trouble with the drop-down menus on the website, but when I click-and-held the header and dragged the cursor down it allowed me to click on the sub-sections.

P.P.S. There's also a Church of Scientology very close by, in case you plan on conversion. :P
    Whatever city you choose. Bring jackets. BIG fluffy ones. In about 4-5 months.. Your gonna need em.

P.S. No aliens killed volcanos for me.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah I saw that Alexan place, and am looking into it. Looks very urban and fancy!

As for the BIG fluffy jackets...my wife is moving to Denver, and I'm moving to Vail (for a year before rejoining her in Denver). BIG fluffy jacket is gonna be crucial...
    Bazirker,

I can't give any recommendation on Denver itself, but I love using HousingMaps when I am searching for a new place. It's a Google Maps front end for Craigslist.