1.    #1  
    Hi all,

My brother-in-law is in a VP at a extremely large firm in NYC, among other things he is over Human Resources. His assistant check out Facebook and other sites to learn more about possible employees. This is why I keep telling my Nephews to think twice and thin twice more before you post something online.

take care,

Jay

PS please see the link for the entire article.

Facebook, Apple Pressed on Kids' Mobile Privacy

By REUTERS, (Reporting by Diane Bartz, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A high-tech Wild West where location data, including some gleaned from teenagers' mobile devices, is scooped up and sold without consumers' consent needs to end, lawmakers told a panel of tech companies on Thursday.

While lawmakers noted extraordinary technical innovation by Apple Inc, Google Inc, Facebook and others in Silicon Valley, they also showed irritation at data collection and sale without consent. Much of the ire was aimed at smartphone applications and the collection of teenagers' data.

"A teenager accessing an application may not realize that her address book is being accessed and shared with a third party. That is not meant to happen in this country without the permission of an adult," said Senator John Rockefeller, chairman of the Commerce Committee.

Twenty percent of children aged 11 or younger had a cell phone in 2009 while 66 percent had one by age 14, and just under 75 percent of high schoolers have one, according to a Pew Internet & American Life Project report.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Even many adults don't realize they're getting data farmed and sold off as commodities. Facebook is a horrible offender, just horrible. And if I find any app accessing my address book and selling the info, it's off my list and they may get a nasty letter from me! That's a violation of everyone's privacy!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!